Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion for EDC backpack?

Hi everyone,

I seem to be playing catch with Tombihn =( Wanted a S19 black with wasabi so badly.. and i missed it .. thought i could try black dynemma with wasabi and it was oos again.. so i thought i better expand my options

i like a bag with slim profile and can fit both business and casual occasion. Other TB bags such as SA overwhelmed me

Does anyone have suggestion on a backpack ? I think someone recommended a bag whose strap is similar to the absolute strap but i can't find the brand now

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO the S19 is a really good choice. It is not too large and very versatile. If the choice you want is not available, I would call Customer service Monday and see what is in stock. Sometimes they have just one of something and it is not listed on the site.

It does seem like black dyneema is in stock now though.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    New Jersey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an S25 and absolutely love it for my EDC. Mine is Olive and looks great for both work and a day out on a hike, as I think it is one of the best looking backpacks out there. Clearly, it isn't as professional looking as a briefcase but I think it looks more professional than the SA and, unlike the SA, it has all the built in organization so I'm using mine with few extra accessories - just a couple of small organizer pouches and I have a Side Effect around just in case. If you don't need the additional room, I'd recommend going with the S19, but I can only say absolutely awesome things about the S25. I'd also say the S25 has a slim profile, especially in comparison to the SA.

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    IMO the S19 is a really good choice. It is not too large and very versatile. If the choice you want is not available, I would call Customer service Monday and see what is in stock. Sometimes they have just one of something and it is not listed on the site.

It does seem like black dyneema is in stock now though.
    The Wasabi is giving me the out of stock and for some reason Iberian freaks me out

Sent from my N5206 using Tapatalk

I make TOM BIHN videos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used a ridiculous number of backpacks - I'm have a bag problem. Smilie I thought it would be a never ending search, but I am finally at piece (at least as far as backpacks go) now that I have an S19. It is by far the best backpack I've ever used. The S25 is the only thing that comes close.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all about the S25. Mine is black cordura and wasabi. Don't let Iberian freak you out, it's a great inside color! @Badger has many Black/Iberian pics I'm sure she can post. It's a great combination!!

The S25 has been my EDC for 2.5 years and plus its been on many vacations. Truly amazing bag!! When it's not packed full it can slim down but the extra available space is there if you need it. Of course the S19 is the smaller version and will function pretty much the same way. Good luck and hope you find the TB bag for you Smilie
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. Waiting for cs to come back to see if they have one lying around

Iberian reminds me too much of blood red to use. S25 looks like it would overwhelmed me. If they are not coming back soon I may get a grey or the more boring black w steel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synapse 19 is an amazing pack. Perfect organization and build quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeana View Post
    Thanks everyone. Waiting for cs to come back to see if they have one lying around

Iberian reminds me too much of blood red to use. S25 looks like it would overwhelmed me. If they are not coming back soon I may get a grey or the more boring black w steel

@jeana, Try ordering the Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19 now. I was able to put one of these into my shopping cart (and then quickly deleted it). As @Seabass25 and others have said, this is an amazing pack.

HTH

moriond

Connecticut, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too carry a Synapse 19 (Black Dyneema / Wasabi) daily for my work bag. It carries my lunch, a zip up hoodie, flashlight, phone charger / spare battery, LM Wave, several fountain pens and pads as well as a small EDC pocket organizer with an assortment of helpful items. It is perfect for this purpose and is professional looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milwaukee, WI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, the Smart Alec was pretty much perfect. It's beauty lay in it's simplicity as a clean EDC. Nothing really extravagant, nothing really wasted. Just a solid, sturdy pack.

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone i received the s19 and it's perfect size for me! Love love.Tom bihn