Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-Pilot questions

Hi!

Can someone post a photo (or direct me to one) of the CP next to the Swift? I am thinking of buying a CP not only as a bag for my upcoming trip to London, but as my winter EDC. Is it too big to be an EDC, do you think? I don't carry a laptop or tablet. I've got a small cosmetic bag, a medium OP, a COW, pens, a thin Moleskine (not the smallest size but the one up), keys, hard glasses case, sunglasses in soft case. It would be nice to be able to carry a small umbrella or water bottle. Thanks!

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have time to grab a photo at the moment, as I'm expecting a bunch of teenagers for my daughter's birthday slumber party, but I can tell you that the Co-Pilot, in my view, isn't too big for an EDC at all. It's actually smaller than the Swift by a decent amount. I use it to carry my iPad, bottle of water, small knitting project, journal, pens, phone, and medications, and it handles it all with aplomb.

The center section is perfect for a small umbrella, or you can put one in the main compartment. It would be nicely secure, since it does zip up. My version is the Black Dyneema/Iberian combo.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A party full of teenagers! Good luck to you! Wink

Thanks for your reply. Somehow I was picturing it as bigger than the Swift, or about the same size. I have a difficult time with dimensions, even if I make mockups and use measuring tapes etc. I guess I have a bit of a mental block there!!

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway posted a great pic of her Aubergine / French Blue collection that may be useful in assessing size:

Co-Pilot / DLBP / NF / SCB / LS

Here is her great original thread:
    French Blue and Aubergine

Here are another few pictures I found showing a Co-Pilot and Swift:

Pilot, Co-Pilot and Swift

Co-Pilot and Swift

The last picture is from a good review by Penguin Girl

Penguin Girl Co-Pilot
    Penguin Girl Swift and Co-Pilot

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 10-24-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinblack1964 View Post
    Hi!

Can someone post a photo (or direct me to one) of the CP next to the Swift? I am thinking of buying a CP not only as a bag for my upcoming trip to London, but as my winter EDC. Is it too big to be an EDC, do you think? I don't carry a laptop or tablet. I've got a small cosmetic bag, a medium OP, a COW, pens, a thin Moleskine (not the smallest size but the one up), keys, hard glasses case, sunglasses in soft case. It would be nice to be able to carry a small umbrella or water bottle. Thanks!
    The Co-Pilot smaller than a Swift -- it's closer to Little Swift Size. (From the web site product pages: Swift 15.5 liters, Co-Pilot 10 liters, Little Swift 8.2 liters). Take a look at the Penguin Girl blog post, another tale with two swifts. Excerpted picture of Coyote Swift next to Black Co-Pilot:
    Co-Pilot questions-tombihn-copilot-swift-jpg

There are also earlier individual reviews of each bag with more detailed pictures and lists of contents, but you wanted a quick comparison picture rather than individual bag info.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Sorry, I had to re-upload this so it duplicates @tpnl's info (didn't see his post when my connection failed and I had to reload and repost) I'll leave this up for the volume capacity of the Swift vs Co-Pilot

OK, to make up for this duplicate information, I'll post a link to @Washu's nice Greece with an A30 and Co-Pilot thread. Not only does this have good pictures and packing list information of what she took in her bags, it also has a picture of her wearing both A30 and Co-Pilot so you can gauge the size on someone who is 5'5" tall. Also, I happen to like this thread, because in addition to the Aubergine bags shown in use, she has a nice variety of organizer pouch and wallet colors (including Azalea) that show up nicely in the pockets of her bags.
    Last edited by moriond; 10-24-2015 at 02:03 PM.

eastern Washington
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Co-Pilot questions-cp-inside-swift-oct15-jpg

The CP fits easily inside the Swift.
    Last edited by bunchgrass; 10-24-2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Add photo

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Co-pilot is quite a bit smaller than the regular Swift, and is perfect to carry everyday. I alternate between a Co-pilot as a work carry and a Little Swift as a fun carry and find them roughly the same size.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful and perfectly helpful! thank you so very much!

Edit: I've been very happy with my Swift, but as the winter and rain/snow are coming I need something that will close better at the top. I don't know if I will ever go back to my Vera Bradley bags...
    Last edited by ladyinblack1964; 10-25-2015 at 09:59 AM.