Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nano organizer pouch as coin purse?

Anyone have the nano organizer pouch? Do you think it would be too big/small for a coin purse? Any other fun uses for it?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a very small coin purse, due to the lack of depth. 4-6 US quarters would get fairly tight, I think. I use a small clear op for spare change. It's plenty big, but allows me to leave the zipper unzipped about an inch, so I can slip change in without unzipping, and without fear of it falling out. All depends on how compact you want it to be.
    Aeronaut 30, Western Flyer, Synapse 25, Daylight Briefcase, Side Kick, lots and lots of accessories.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nano op is great for a USB thumb drive or two, SIM cards, spare phone or watch battery, earplugs, etc.
    Aeronaut 30, Western Flyer, Synapse 25, Daylight Briefcase, Side Kick, lots and lots of accessories.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is nano the same as a mini OP or is there a new size?

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kirri, the nano is smaller than the mini; it's a relatively recent addition to the organizer pouch lineup, but it's been around for a while.

As far as I know, it's available in a ballistic version right now: Coyote Organizer Pouches - Organizer Pouches in Coyote brown - TOM BIHN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeS View Post
    Anyone have the nano organizer pouch? Do you think it would be too big/small for a coin purse? Any other fun uses for it?
    I use the micro size for coins every day. I used the nano size for about half a year, but found that the small size plus ballistic fabric necessitated a lot of digging. You want to be able to hold the pouch open and see what's inside, but trust me, doing that with the nano size is impossible.

The optimal coin pouch for me is one of the micro parapack pouches that were the 2014 forum freebies. The material is floppier and darker in colour than the coyote ballistic, making it optimal for seeing what coins I have inside.

(Haven't used the nano size since for anything, but have kept it around because you never know.)

Forum Member
    Wichita, KS
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second others in saying that micro would be a better size choice for a coin purse. I keep one in my Smart Alec with some change in it for occasions when I need an exact amount (used it to feed a parking meter last weekend, for instance).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the smaller of the two Q Kit sizes as my coin purse, and it does the job perfectly. The shape of the Q Kit lets you root around for exactly the change you need quite quickly and easily.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Medium Cafe Bag; Synapse 25; Aeronaut 45; Maker's Bag