Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Black v. Steel

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was considering getting the Steel for the Maker's bag, but the picture on the site comes off as a lighter gray, but the pictures I have seen show a medium to darker gray. Can anyone comment on how the Steel looks in person versus what is displayed on the site?

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Steel/Iberian TS and its definitely a darker, medium grey. I'll see if I can get a picture of mine later that shows the color better.

Atlanta, GA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
    I was considering getting the Steel for the Maker's bag, but the picture on the site comes off as a lighter gray, but the pictures I have seen show a medium to darker gray. Can anyone comment on how the Steel looks in person versus what is displayed on the site?
    @JD78 it's a "Goldilocks" gray... Not too light, not too dark, gender neutral. My husband and teenager both like (my) our Steel MB. It's dark enough to hide all manner of marks, but still obviously gray. A perfect bag in a perfect shade.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color EEK! 好的朋友

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first TB order was a gray and a black ballistic A30. I kept the black one because the gray was lighter than I wanted. I agree it's a medium gray, but it was a bit lighter than I was hoping it would be. From @kathryn's picture, the gray looks like it holds up just fine though!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @JD78, all the product page images tend to look lighter than in real life. @hachkc and @DeBru are right about the Steel/Iberian combination being a good, medium gray. Take a look at the Tri-Star video on the blog site to get a good impression of this color combination. I can't think of a good Maker's Bag picture to quickly point you to.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! I don't usually have a hard time with colors, but this time around none of my favorites were available and part of me wanted to try something new!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my Steel/Iberian Maker's Bag in today and it looks great. The Steel is just like you all described which is much better shade of gray than was is depicted on the product page.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BagJunkie View Post
    Can't go wrong with Steel or Gray. Both look fantastic in person, and appropriate in the office setting as well. My Steel A30 and Gray S25 are my trusty travel companions.

Attachment 14603
    oooh! That grey is a lot darker than I thought! I am trying to decide between a black S25 and that captivating red-blend. I would've loved the steel, but it seems to not be a cordura option in that bag. But now, grey is disrupting me all over again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2