Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tristar vs Aeronaut 30

I have had the tristar since it was released and I LOVE it
    I can not say anything bad about the bag I have used on every trip

I remember debating between it and Aeronaut which I decided against because it was too big. I wanted something that would be carry on almost all airlines

Now enter the Aeronaut 30
    I that was around then it would have been a challenge

I am wondering what peoples view points are comparing the two of them
    I am debating about getting one.

Forum Member
    NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my A30. I don't have a Tristar, but I do have a Western Flyer. Apart from the fact that the Tristar/WF favor a flatter packing style, the Aeronaut style bag is super-easy to just open up and live out of, and it's very hard to forget anything when you're packing it up again since everything is visible in one glance. It fits easily under seats and in tight overheads.

I chose the A30 over a Tristar because of the lighter weight, a fun color combo, and because I had another bag with that layout and already knew I liked it. It is a more informal bag though -- I wouldn't bring it to a business meeting and expect to use it as a briefcase.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tristar vs Aeronaut 30

I wrote about the move from Tristar to A30 here

http://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-r...g-tristar.html

It explains why I made the move and why I found the Tristar just a little too 'fat'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I wrote about the move from Tristar to A30 here

http://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-r...g-tristar.html

It explains why I made the move and why I found the Tristar just a little too 'fat'.

So does it hold the more or the same as the tristar? Also do you ever find it just a bit big on smaller airlines?

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tristar vs Aeronaut 30

I'd say the A30 held about the same amount of stuff by the way it can be packed. For example, I just couldn't fully utilise the Tristar middle pocket so space was lost there anyway.

On smaller airlines, the WF is perfect but never had a problem with the A30 either. The A30 isn't too much bigger than the WF in reality and are certainly not much 'fatter' so fine for small planes.

Last edited by Perseffect; 04-28-2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Fix typos
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Lincolnshire (UK)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catherder View Post
    It is a more informal bag though -- I wouldn't bring it to a business meeting and expect to use it as a briefcase.
    I agree - a bag choice also depends on what you are doing at your destination. That's why I have a Tri-Star for business travel and an Aeronaut for other occasions. As nice as it is, the A30 still looks like a gym-bag, but the Tri-Star has a much more 'professional' appearance. For me, that's an absolute must.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of my travel is leisure.
    I often found myself wishing the tristar was a double star without the centre part.
    That is why I am considering the switch. I don't want anything smaller than the tristar in terms of what it can hold