Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

I added some information about using the new Nock.co A5 Dot-Dash Notebook 3-packs to the extended FJN options in this post in the Benefits of the Field Journal over Midori? (I find these a convenient, slim size to carry in the Side Kick, but also with the possibility of permanently saving notes and integrating them into the FJN).

I also discussed using Levenger Precious Metals Notebook Belts in the Junior size to retain these notebooks. For example, here's a Canson sketchpad held in place with these notebook bands, with a slim format Nock.co A5 Dot-Dash Notebook at the left.

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hacking the FJN for Levenger Circa, etc.

I know I am several months if not years late with this, but I just grabbed a couple of second hand FJNs and I also use disc-bound notebooks like Circa (Atoma and Clare Fontaine brands) which is why I never got a FJN when they were new.

My solution to make a suitable disc-bound insert was to cut down an A4 sized plastic cover, matching the scalloped edges of the binder insert. The cut-down A4 is larger than the A5+ size I use for the notebooks, which lends greater stability as the notebook base is larger than the paper. (Note: A4 is slightly narrower and taller than US Letter but Letter would work just as well for this)

Here are some pics.

After pulling the binder out:

With my cut-down base sitting on the FJN ready to be slotted in:

The base is inserted and my paper is centered so that it doesn't interfere with the FJN edges when I close it:

Last edited by Cristina; 09-03-2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3