Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complement for Burt Orange MCB?

Hi,

My BO MCB has become my go to bag for travel and quick errands. When used for travel I am able to stuff almost all my inflight necessities, iPad, earphones, waterbottle, passports, etc. And once at my destination to carry wallet, small m4/3 camera and spare lense and odds and bits, a small umbrella if needed.

I am 5'3" ish.. So I think a LCB would be too long, but keep going between another MCB, a SCB and a MB. HOw much more could I carry in a MB?
    How much less would a SCB fit?

Color... Color... Which one would you get for when burnt orange is a no, go...? For example with pale pink sneakers?
    Embarrassment

TIA,

Maru

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get Verde. goes great with almost everything and is more colorful than office black/gray. or, the color red in red blend would go with/complement pink shoes. and there's Nordic if you want halcyon...

as for a LCB, are you talking about the bag being too long, or the straps? a MB is also quite large but has more structure/organization. I'd pass on the SCB since it holds a lot less. I used to be 5'6-7", but have lost some vertebrae when I broke my back, so am around 5'4". I have all of the bags you mention. go with any but the small imo. if you want a change, go with the MB for variety.

HTH!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Marytattoo!
    What I worry is that since the LCB has a vertical orientation that it would make me look shorter.
    With the MB I think although huge, the horizontal orientation might help it look more balanced?
    Do you think that would be the case?

I've been wondering about olive, grey and plum. Other colors like linen also!!( but I think it won't be too different from BO in terms of combos).
    As much as I would love blue halcyon, worry about it looking even less casual than th cordura options as I sometimes end up in fancy restaurants without being able to chang bin to more suitable outfits!

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marubex View Post
    Thank you Marytattoo!
    What I worry is that since the LCB has a vertical orientation that it would make me look shorter.
    With the MB I think although huge, the horizontal orientation might help it look more balanced?
    Do you think that would be the case?

I've been wondering about olive, grey and plum. Other colors like linen also!!( but I think it won't be too different from BO in terms of combos).
    As much as I would love blue halcyon, worry about it looking even less casual than th cordura options as I sometimes end up in fancy restaurants without being able to chang bin to more suitable outfits!

Thanks
    I agree that Verde is a good complement. I'm 5'3", athletic build and have a LCB and MB. I find the LCB looks much better on me-- it's made of cordura, and slouches because of that, so it never looks too big. With the MB (mine is ballistic) I have to shorten the strap quite a bit or else it looks too wide for me. I would post photos but you'll have to forgive me-- too tired and busy this week.

French Blue, Grey, or Navy will go with light pink sneakers. I have a pair of black and light pink Converse hi-tops and it goes pretty well with those colours.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you adalangdon. If you ever get the chance to post pictures I would really appreciate! Thank you for the advice!
    Some of you have suggested Verde, but it is unavailable and not even showing in the comming soon colors!!
    Is Olive similar?

Thanks again!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marubex View Post
    Thank you adalangdon. If you ever get the chance to post pictures I would really appreciate! Thank you for the advice!
    Some of you have suggested Verde, but it is unavailable and not even showing in the comming soon colors!!
    Is Olive similar?

Thanks again!
    @Marubex, There are some color combo pictures I posted under the Great Color Combinations thread that might help you out:

Excerpted from the post text:
    The Clear Organizer Wallet backs are (in fan shape from left to right) Cocoa, Olive, Burnt Orange, Grey, Aubergine, and Azalea. Medium pouch at top left is French Blue. Top right shows Cocoa/Olive Ristretto for iPad.

(context for the post was a reply to @brendabethman's query about how various colors, including linen, would go with grey and cocoa).
    Note that you should probably read the linked post for complete text descriptions. The pouches are lying on a linen Medium Cafe bag, and the Q-Kit is Coyote. The color combinations were chosen to answer a specific person's question, so some of the colors are in the picture to reflect the colors of different bags/accessories that she owned -- i.e., that was not designed to answer your questions about what colors went with burnt orange.

Verde is slightly brighter and more vibrant than olive, which is close in color, and is shown next to burnt orange in the excerpted photo.

The post I linked also contains a picture of a Red Blend/Olive Small Cafe Bag next to a Linen Daylight Briefcase and a Steel Parapack Side Effect. (They don't make Side Effects in Parapack any more). The Olive Parapack used to line the Red Blend Cafe bag is shinier and more lustrous than Olive Cordura.

HTH

moriond

ETA: For a comparison of Verde Ballistic Nylon with Olive Cordura, here's @adalangdon's picture from the thread that introduced Verde 1050d Ballistic Nylon:

The smalll swatch is Verde Ballistic Nylon. The vertical strip looks like one of the Olive Cordura color strips for the Ego messenger bag. Both are lying on top of an Olive Parapack Side Effect.

Darcy's comment:
    Nice photo! Really shows off the greens well. Verde is really, really close to Olive, but to our eyes, it's just enough brighter that we felt it deserved its own name. And, we thought if we had named it Olive, some folks might have expected it to match their Olive Parapack and Cordura bags exactly.
    Last edited by moriond; 06-01-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Forum Member
    Kansas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Verde is ballistic nylon, and the cafe bags would be cordura (so Olive) or Halcyon. I don't have anything in Verde, so don't know how it compares to olive. However, I have MCBs in red blend, olive, and French blue, which I think would all look good with light pink shoes. Not having light pink shoes, I picked the next best thing, and just to complete the pictures, included one with a burnt orange Daylight Backpack. (I hope this works.)

Complement for Burt Orange MCB?-img_1322-jpgComplement for Burt Orange MCB?-img_1323-jpgComplement for Burt Orange MCB?-img_1324-jpgComplement for Burt Orange MCB?-img_1325-jpg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    auntie em, moriond, Thank you for the pictures seeing them side by side or in combination really helps!
    Thanks again to all you wonderful people!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond, I have a yarn room and am wondering if you have a dedicated TB room? do you use all of your bags? I'm serious, because I think we are all in awe of your memory and your collection! Do tell!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk