Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Washington State
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you store your TB bags?

I'm wondering how other Bihnions store their TB collections. I have a few bags I keep in their boxes, and a deep drawer for my other bags and items. However, I would be very appreciative if you would share your storage methods, and I'd really enjoy pictures, too!

Many thanks!
    Smilie

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, what nice timing. I just today re-organized my hall closet which is where I store my daily TB bags. Synapse 19, Swift, Sprout, Makers Bag, a couple Cafe bags, UV Shop Bag, and a handful of various sizes of stuff sacks are all tucked in and easy to access when I need them. My 3 non-daily bags hang in another closet with my other travel luggage.

Here's the front hall closet with the daily bags - organization was done with ClosetMaid shelving, a tension rod, and some 3M Command hooks. A few bags from my other favorite brands mixed in here as well.

Revising a Rental Hall Closet by Meghan, on Flickr
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small items, like TSS and organizer pouches, are in plastic tubs in cupboard, with spare cafe bag and daylight backpack in white basket.
    Travel bags in cupboards in cellar which unfortunately has a mold problem at the moment.
    EDC swift ready to walk out the door with or Spare MCB and shop bags are in basket also ready to grab.How do you store your TB bags?-image-jpgHow do you store your TB bags?-image-jpeg

Downeast Maine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several years ago there was a thread like this. It had some fabulous photos. I can't find it but maybe Moriond???? I store my bags in a bag. My WF & TS are full at the moment.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Several years ago there was a thread like this. It had some fabulous photos. I can't find it but maybe Moriond???? I store my bags in a bag. My WF & TS are full at the moment.
    Moose
    Well, I always liked @Moose's Clearing out and a possible problem thread, but I suspect that's not the one she's talking about (evil grin).

So, maybe take a look at @taminca's Proof of My TB Obsession thread, or @eWalker's Safe storing our precious TB Travek Bags

HTH

moriond

Washington State
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, @meglet and @kirri, for the terrific photos! They are very helpful. And thank you, @moose and @moriond, for helping connect me with past helpful threads. Such great photos and ideas in those linked threads, too! Smilie

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timely topic! I am moving from a tiny place with lots of storage to a larger apartment with more living space, but far less storage.

For instance, I had a walk-in closet with a shelf onto which I would spread out all my bags. The new place has basically one closet that goes along a wall, and it will mostly be filled with clothes and shoes. I think I will have to move to a system of nesting my bags, Tom Bihn and otherwise, into each other.

For my small stuff, such as packing cube shoulder bags, stuff sacks, Q-kits, etc., I will continue to store them in 2 dresser drawers. I switch them out almost daily. I find it a lot easier to grab what I want when everything is viewable. For this reason I don't even create too many piles -- it is nice to see it all at once.

My Shop Bags will probably stay on a hook near the front door. Not very elegant, but I need to remember that they are there as I'm walking out...
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reminding me that I need to do some organizing. Let's see... A dedicated bag closet? Or create a TB showroom in our office/den?

Washington State
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Oh, what nice timing. I just today re-organized my hall closet which is where I store my daily TB bags. Synapse 19, Swift, Sprout, Makers Bag, a couple Cafe bags, UV Shop Bag, and a handful of various sizes of stuff sacks are all tucked in and easy to access when I need them. My 3 non-daily bags hang in another closet with my other travel luggage.

Here's the front hall closet with the daily bags - organization was done with ClosetMaid shelving, a tension rod, and some 3M Command hooks. A few bags from my other favorite brands mixed in here as well.

Revising a Rental Hall Closet by Meghan, on Flickr
    What a lovely color palette, too!

Washington State
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bchaplin, your new apartment with more living space will be so nice. It sounds like you are very organized and it will change by necessity, but continue right along. I like the idea of the two drawers and being able to see all your options. Smilie

Washington State
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Thanks for reminding me that I need to do some organizing. Let's see... A dedicated bag closet? Or create a TB showroom in our office/den?
    A TB Showroom! And pictures, please! Smilie

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubmum View Post
    What a lovely color palette, too!
    Thanks! Obviously I'm a huge fan of Aubergine (Not Wasabi!) and Ultraviolet, and I am surprised by how much I love the Azure too. Then I have Gray or Steel for my neutrals, although I'm considering adding Linen (Small Cafe Bag) as well.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store most of my shop bags (though not my original Nordic one) in the side cargo nets in my car's cargo area - so they are ready to be filled. My backpacks are secured by a carabiner to a shelf for easy access, and travel bags are lined up like little soldiers in a storage tub.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brain bag, imago & a handful of OPs are never packed away / always in use (speaking of which, my imago's been my trusty companion for five years now, almost to the day! treated myself to it after landing a huge promotion at work in mid-2011).

Shop bags are rolled up and stuffed into a SSB when not in use (they see a lot of action!)

All the other bits and bobs are tucked away in my A30 and A45, which are stored in a tiny hobbit hole of a closet in a spare bedroom, keeping them safe from dust, cats, and light damage.

Washington State
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I store most of my shop bags (though not my original Nordic one) in the side cargo nets in my car's cargo area - so they are ready to be filled. My backpacks are secured by a carabiner to a shelf for easy access, and travel bags are lined up like little soldiers in a storage tub.
    Great info, and I never thought of a carabiner but that's a great idea! I love the thought of your little soldier bags lined up! Smilie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast