Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 25 handle hack

I really wish the Synapse 25 had a better handle on top of the bag (like the Smart Alec, for example).

Because it doesn't I have added a "cobra weave" handle cover to mine which helps make the bag more comfortable to carry when it is loaded up.

YouTube has good videos on how to weave a "paracord cobra weave handle wrap" if you want to do this yourself. Enjoy!

PS - posting this from my phone but I can post or link to photos if anyone is interested in seeing what this looks like.

Forum Member
    The Rome of Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome! It's my only niggle about my lovely new Synapse-- so I can't wait to modify it! Plus-- handy paracord!
    Current carry: Super Ego, various pouches, I/O (when shooting). Incorporating the FIELD JOURNAL!!!! Next up on wishlist: S25 and SE (June 2016)

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your hand size (I have ham hocks) you can also do a King Cobra. A king cobra is adding a second pass of the same knot over the original cobra weave

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, please to photos

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think @Ilkyway made a mod like this to a Synapse handle--does anyone remember that?

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For people who want a less elaborate solution to making the very decorative paracord weaves around the Synapse grab handle, may I just point people to an old recommendation that @celtical made? I'll just repeat the information in my April 2015 post in the middle of the Padded grab handle on Large Cafe Bag thread:

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Just wanted to update this thread with information posted by @celtical in the Daylight Briefcase thread back in November 2014. For those forum members who don't follow the discussion topics on other bags, the COSMOS neoprene padded handle wraps linked in that post are short enough at 5.3"/275 mm to work as padded grab handle wraps for the Cafe Bags, Synapses, Daylight Backpacks, etc. as well as for the webbing handles of the Daylight Briefcase.
    Quote Originally Posted by celtical View Post
    These are the handles I've been using. I like the feel and appearance in black. I attach them with the little tag hidden towards the back.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JL2RPLK?vs=1

HTH

moriond

ETA: The padded handle wraps are also available in different colors. I've linked to the Black color option, but you could always go for Aqua, Hot Pink, etc. And there are different options for ordering color assortments, for example, like this

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a cobra wrap on the end handles of my (now re-homed) Tri-Star. I loved the look on the plain black!

DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).