Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I took the plunge and ordered a MF in Aubergine. I'll post photos of a test pack with my weaving tools when I get it.
    I have that version of the bag. It's my tutoring bag and I totally love it! In fact, I'd like to get another one because my current version only is used for tutoring. The books sit in it all the time. But I want one for flex use, too! I hope you'll share with us how it works for you!

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bag pic, but here is the beginning of the scarf (Aubersabi as @jess pointed out :-) from today's first weaving class. The MF was a great companion as it held all my stuff and said stuff was easy to access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubergine and wasabi colors. Do I detect a trend?

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Aubergine and wasabi colors. Do I detect a trend?
    For me, always :-)

And seriously, I have been on a "add lime green for a pop of color" in my knitting for a while. So I just continued it with the weaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, sadly, the Moveable Feast did not work well as a weaving tote bag. It arrived today, and I just did a test pack.

PROs: My shuttle and warping sticks fit perfectly in the wine and baguette slots. My cones of yarn fit in the side areas. The little fold down shelf is great for stuff that always falls to the bottom of the bag (scissors, loom weights, pins and needles), but I'd be concerned that the stuff would fall out of the bag during transport.

CONs: The center area is too small for a 3 ring binder or books or my bobbin winder or a cone holder. None of them fit just by themselves, let alone together. And the navy interior was too dark. Stuff just disappeared. And the handles were impossible to use with the warp sticks sticking out of the bag. It would need a shoulder strap or longer handles to go over a shoulder.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 06-30-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2