Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 19 + Hydroflask 21oz Standard Mouth

Hello!

Does anybody know if a Hydroflask 21oz Standard Mouth bottle fits in the water bottle pocket of the Synapse 19? I just received my Black Halcyon and the first thing I did was to test my 24oz Hydroflask bottle, and DOES NOT fit.

If anyone can help out, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 210z Hydroflask and an original Halcyon Synapse 19, and it does fit. No pictures, though, as I'm away from my phone.

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for letting me know @Rocks !!

San Diego
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can also fit my 32 ounce with a flex cap into my S19 with no issue.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just curious but are the dimensions of the 24 oz radically different from the 32 oz? is the 24 wider than the 32?

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 24 is taller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lid makes the difference. If the lid is flat you should have no problems but if it has a lid like this it is difficult getting it zipped in a S19.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    The lid makes the difference. If the lid is flat you should have no problems but if it has a lid like this it is difficult getting it zipped in a S19.
    Hi @Peruvian and others,

@tuskegee7294 is correct that the lid height of the Hydroflask makes a difference in terms of whether a particular size Hydroflask fits in the water bottle pocket of a Synapse. So does the question of how tightly you want to pack the main compartment of your bag, in the case of using wide diameter models like the 32 oz Hydroflask @sarahlin mentioned.

I'll excerpt some text and picture from @Tachiyaku's Biting the bullet - ordering my first synapse! thread:

I wrote:

I was checking the dimensions of the Hydro Flask, and you may have problems because of the height of the bottle with the cap. The web site FAQ lists a bottle height: 10.06 inches/25.6 cm and a height with cap of 11.5 in/29.2 cm. I doubt that any bottle that tops 11 inches will fit in the outside water bottle pocket of the Synapse -- this is true for the Synapse 25 as well as the Synapse 19, since the water bottle pocket height dimensions are the same. The problem is the tall and narrow design for the flask -- you have room to handle the volume, but you hit the height limit for the pocket.
    I'll excerpt some text and pictures from the start of @Tachiyaku's post once the bag arrived:

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    My steel dyneema/solar synapse 19 arrived today Cool It's a really stellar looking bag. Of course when I first opened the box it looked teeny, but as soon as I packed it up I realized the Tardis rumors were true.

Also, my 24 oz hydroflask *did* fit comfortably, but only if the bag was not overly stuffed. Otherwise it's a really tight fit.

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melonpan View Post
    just curious but are the dimensions of the 24 oz radically different from the 32 oz? is the 24 wider than the 32?
    @melonpan,

I'll excerpt the Hydroflask graphic that I included in my post in the thread answering whether the 40-oz Hydroflask fits in the Synapse 25 water bottle pocket. That post details the issues for fitting into the water bottle pocket, and the graphic shows the relative width and heights of the different model water bottles. Specifically, you want to note the height of the bottle with cap, for tall models.

In case you are curious, in both the instance of the Synapse 19 and the Synapse 25, you can put the 40-oz Hydroflask into the water bottle pocket, but you cannot close the zipper. (In the case of the Synapse 25, it's possible to fit that model Hydroflask in the bottom front zippered pocket -- but you'd have to carry it sideways).

This is @dephyingra's picture of the 40 oz Hydroflask in the S25 water bottle pocket from the post that followed mine:
    This is how it looks. The flask is ever so slightly too large to zip up with the 40oz in the S25. I never carried the Hydroflask in mine but rather a Nalgene bottle instead.

For the purists who want the picture to show the Synapse 19, there's another picture by @Walker of the 40-oz Hydroflask:

And, for those who want to see pictures of the 32-oz Hydroflask in a Synapse 19, I'll point you to the pictures posted by @Moosezilla:

(There are more pictures in the post, including pictures with the Synapse zipped up, and how far it pockets into the main compartment. Easier for interested people to check the linked post and thread than for me to cut and paste images between multiple web pages on my iPad.)

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 09-16-2016 at 09:36 PM.