Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

San Diego
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A30 + PCSB + Laundry Stuff Sack

Will the PCSB fit in the end pocket of an A30? Also, any reviews of the laundry stuff sack? Any photos of the A30 size compared to a size 4 stuff sack?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlin View Post
    Will the PCSB fit in the end pocket of an A30? Also, any reviews of the laundry stuff sack? Any photos of the A30 size compared to a size 4 stuff sack?
    There are some comparison pictures of the Travel Laundry Stuff Sack for A30 with various bags and accessories (including the Yarn stuff sacks and travel stuff sacks) in the Laundry stuff sacks are here thread. The PCSB will fit in the end pocket of the A30.

HTH

moriond

San Diego
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very helpful...off to look at the comparisons thread.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    My Packing Cube Shoulder Bag fit in my Aeronaut30 end pockets, but only if I did not stuff it full. The attempt to fit a full PCSB worked, but it was an uncomfortable squeeze. Entirely too tight and fiddly for me. Of course, the PCSB fits in the main compartment either packed loose or full. Note that it works both laying down flat and standing upright! elisa

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A30 + PCSB + Laundry Stuff Sack

I am always able to fit a PCSB along with a Size 1 TSS or an Eagle Creek Specter quarter cube into my A30 side pocket since the PCSB doesn't take up the whole length of the end pocket. I do t overstuff either bags, but the PCSB isn't understaffed either. I'll see if I can find a good picture of it in my photo album...

ETA: ok, in looking through older pictures, adding the TSS woRks better with a Halcyon A30 rather than the Ballistic Nylon. I was test packing last week for a 6-day trip to NJ/NYC. You can't see it at al, but I promise that I have a Zest size 1 TSS above the Fjord PCSB in the left pocket. The PCSB had gym clothes (two bottoms, two tanks, two ss shirts, two pairs of socks, two sports bras, and two pairs of underwear). The TSS had a usb power brick, one iPhone cable, one Apple Watch cable, a Jackery bar, and its cable).

The right pocket has a Size 4 TSS with 3 pairs of shoes (flip flops, ballet flats, wedge gladiator sandals) and a Size 2 TSS (underthings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pokilani; 07-16-2016 at 07:56 AM.

San Diego
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I also have the eagle creek cubes and will have time to play before I travel. I got the a30 in the ballistic because I bought it from a forum member for a steal so people wanting a deal can't be choosers. ;-)

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the A30 laundry stuff sack, but sent it back. I have the Eagle Creek clean dirty cubes, which I like better, because they are flat, not tubular, and I like fold my laundry because it takes up less room that way. I also felt like the drawstrings and gathers on the laundry stuff sack took up too much room. But someone who just likes to stuff their stuff in a bag will probably like it.

San Diego
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I bought the A30 laundry stuff sack, but sent it back. I have the Eagle Creek clean dirty cubes, which I like better, because they are flat, not tubular, and I like fold my laundry because it takes up less room that way. I also felt like the drawstrings and gathers on the laundry stuff sack took up too much room. But someone who just likes to stuff their stuff in a bag will probably like it.
    Interesting point of view. I do fold things but not my dirty stuff, then I like to jam it in. Does the eagle creek center move or are the pockets fixed?
    Last edited by sarahlin; 07-20-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlin View Post
    Interesting point of view. I do fold things but not my dirty stuff, then I like to jam it in. Does the eagle creek center move or are the pockets fixed?
    On the Eagle Creek Clean/Dirty cubes, the center partition moves, just like in the Laundry stuff sack, so you can use all the space in the cube. The only difference is that it is a cube, not a tube, and it has zippers on both sides. I like the Specter ones because they are very light and thin, like the TB Aether cubes. They have a big cube and a half cube.

San Diego
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    On the Eagle Creek Clean/Dirty cubes, the center partition moves, just like in the Laundry stuff sack, so you can use all the space in the cube. The only difference is that it is a cube, not a tube, and it has zippers on both sides. I like the Specter ones because they are very light and thin, like the TB Aether cubes. They have a big cube and a half cube.
    Thanks, this is helpful. I have a package to return and my laundry stuff sack arrives tomorrow so I am going to wait and compare it to the Specter cubes. Those are the packing cubes I already have.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PCSB

Pokilani

how on earth did you get that much into the PCSB? I am small made---but never manage to get that much into the PCSB and still make it look under packed. And I mostly wear merino and capilene.

Any pictures or tips would be great---shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    I am always able to fit a PCSB along with a Size 1 TSS or an Eagle Creek Specter quarter cube into my A30 side pocket since the PCSB doesn't take up the whole length of the end pocket. I do t overstuff either bags, but the PCSB isn't understaffed either. I'll see if I can find a good picture of it in my photo album...

ETA: ok, in looking through older pictures, adding the TSS woRks better with a Halcyon A30 rather than the Ballistic Nylon. I was test packing last week for a 6-day trip to NJ/NYC. You can't see it at al, but I promise that I have a Zest size 1 TSS above the Fjord PCSB in the left pocket. The PCSB had gym clothes (two bottoms, two tanks, two ss shirts, two pairs of socks, two sports bras, and two pairs of underwear). The TSS had a usb power brick, one iPhone cable, one Apple Watch cable, a Jackery bar, and its cable).

The right pocket has a Size 4 TSS with 3 pairs of shoes (flip flops, ballet flats, wedge gladiator sandals) and a Size 2 TSS (underthings).

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Pokilani

how on earth did you get that much into the PCSB? I am small made---but never manage to get that much into the PCSB and still make it look under packed. And I mostly wear merino and capilene.

Any pictures or tips would be great---shiva
    I'm set to leave super early tomorrow, but I'll try to get a picture of things when I arrive. The workout clothes are super thin and roll very easily. The skorts are the bulkiest, but still pack efficiently.