Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trading in PU for A30 or A45

Good Morning!

I have been using a PU as a camera bag, and decided I would like to have backpack options. I'm thinking about selling my PU and purchasing the A30 or A45.

Crazy to use as a camera bag?
    Leaning towards A30, will I regret not getting the bigger size?

Thanks!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The A30 seems like a HUGE camera bag, unless you have a very large number of accessories for your camera.
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kconnolly View Post
    Good Morning!

I have been using a PU as a camera bag, and decided I would like to have backpack options. I'm thinking about selling my PU and purchasing the A30 or A45.

Crazy to use as a camera bag?
    Leaning towards A30, will I regret not getting the bigger size?

Thanks!
    Wouldn't one of the actual backpacks work better-- the Synapse 19, 25, or even the Smart Alec? I think the Aeronaut 30/45 might be too unstructured to efficiently contain your camera stuff. And its backpack straps are really meant for short-distance carrying-- they're not nearly as comfortable as the dedicated backpacks. If you're going to haul a lot of stuff, I'd definitely go for one of the backpacks instead of the convertible bags.
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Wouldn't one of the actual backpacks work better-- the Synapse 19, 25, or even the Smart Alec? I think the Aeronaut 30/45 might be too unstructured to efficiently contain your camera stuff. And its backpack straps are really meant for short-distance carrying-- they're not nearly as comfortable as the dedicated backpacks. If you're going to haul a lot of stuff, I'd definitely go for one of the backpacks instead of the convertible bags.
    I was think about the Brain Bag, but thought having a messenger option would be nice. You make a great point about comfort- thank you!

As for size- I use camera bag inserts for my camera and lenses. I have accessories that go with, as well as a wallet, possibly a field journal, etc. I do think the A30 is the better choice over the A45 as I think through my needs with the camera stuff, but am back to thinking about the Brain Bag as the best option.

THANK YOU! And please keep thoughts coming. So helpful.