Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Ohio
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-Pilot interior pockets size Vs. Pilot

So a good friend of mine just got a Pilot, and I'm really liking it. I tend to prefer the slightly smaller Co-Pilot, however.

I am curious about the two pockets in the large main compartment ( Not the exterior zippered pockets on each side of the water bottle compartment )- are they the same size on both bags?

Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pocket in the Pilot is lager as the Pilot itself is lager and these pockets spann the whole backpannel on each bag. The one with the UV lining is a Co Pilot and the one with the Steel lining is a Pilot:

Here a 3D Packing Cube in the CP:

And here a Side Effect in the Pilot:

Just for refference: the SE is Nordic, the 3D Cube os Steel:

Hope this helps
    Ilkyway

Sent from my phone
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Ohio
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Especially for the measurements- I don't think I could have gotten a better answer Big Grin

Ohio
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... 3 Co-Pilots were eventually purchased with the aid of that answer. Cool Heh.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who have BOTH the Pilot and the Co-Pilot, what are you feelings on your favorite?

I just bought a Pilot, mostly because it would fit my 13" Macbook Pro in a Cache easily. It also holds an Eagle Creek Specter small garment folder in the same space. I keep wondering if I should add a Co-Pilot to my collection, just because it is a bit smaller and therefore lighter, for when I don't want to carry electronics.

The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    For those of you who have BOTH the Pilot and the Co-Pilot, what are you feelings on your favorite?

I just bought a Pilot, mostly because it would fit my 13" Macbook Pro in a Cache easily. It also holds an Eagle Creek Specter small garment folder in the same space. I keep wondering if I should add a Co-Pilot to my collection, just because it is a bit smaller and therefore lighter, for when I don't want to carry electronics.
    @BWeaves, I had owned a Co-Pilot Black/Solar (!!) and I'd been thinking to whether to switch to Pilot.
    I would love to use my CP more frequently but its small dimension and not able to fit my Work 12" Laptop is really bothersome. On the contrast, I actually love it being small and cute. I just hope it is slightly longer. Hence, I only use it once or twice in a year when I travel. Sadly. But I still love it. That's the hardest relationship, but I think it is normal in TB. Haha.

All I am saying, I have the same dilemma as yours. Just that, you owned a Pilot while I owned a Co-Pilot. Should we get the CP/P the whole family?
    I don't think I will. At least not for now. I don't see a very good reason to own two almost-similar bag in terms of design/functionality.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'll think I'll stick with the Pilot and see how often I use it. I think the Co-Pilot may be too small for my travel items and too big for a travel purse.

The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @BWeaves, you just summarize my thoughts on the Co-Pilot.
    I wonder anyone use it as Baby Bag or as Parental Unit or perhaps to supplement Parental Unit. I really like the Bottle Compartment.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan