Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Atlanta, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night Flight Duffel and Books

Iím curious if anyone can tell me if the Night Flight Duffel can accommodate one to three average to slightly above average hardback books. Can they lay flat in the main compartment? In the video the bag looks fairly large, but some of the other photos make it look much smaller.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not letting me upload pictures but I can fit 3 hardcovers at a slant inside and zip shut and barely fit one of 294 pages in the pocket and zip. I routinely have carried a paperback and my iPad mini in the end pocket.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Night Flight just happened to be out, in front of my bookshelves.
    Here's some random pictures.Night Flight Duffel and Books-image-jpg
    The Chicago Manual of Style just fits flat on the bottom of the main compartment:
    Night Flight Duffel and Books-image-jpg
    I can also squeeze it into an end, but it's hard to zip. My NFTD is ballistic do such things might work better with a halcyon model.
    Night Flight Duffel and Books-image-jpg

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @turnleftbrighteyes were the books chosen for fit or for such a fascinatingly diverse selection? Will have to google some of those to find out more.

Forum Member
    Atlanta, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks for the feedback. It does appear the bag can accommodate books to an extent. Just from the pictures it appears it could have been a bit larger, but then again I realize it wasn’t designed as a book bag. I’ve sort of had my eye on it since its introduction and was just curious about the book thing.

Now, I hate to admit that I have read one of the books used in the photo. One of the first concerts I attended featured Motley Crue and I also hate to admit that they were played a lot during my early adult years. Now, I seldom listen to them, but occasional crank up a little Dr. Feelgood just to reminisce.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kirri, well, yes, I was a bit selective in choosing the books (I will never not include Testicles in a photo; and it has recipes!), but then again, I have eclectic reading taste. And all came from two shelves (I shelve by size, less by subject, to maximize capacity.)

@BarryLee, that Motley Crue book is awesome! And I'm glad you've read it because it gives you a better sense of how big a book fits.