Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Bag break-in?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bag break-in?

Hi there... new to the forums and pretty new to TB as well.

I've had great success with my SCB in nordic halcyon and use it everyday.

I just purchased a couple of A30's for my wife and I: I'm wondering if there is anything to do to help break in the bags... I guess they seem a bit stiff (one is halcyon(stiffer), the other nylon). Pre-packing for our trip, I wonder if they stretch out at all. It's our first time taking using such light packing for trips and I'm just curious about your mileage with this issue. Maybe I'm a touch paranoid about the stitching, I just don't want to overstuff I guess!

Thanks!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They take shape as you pack them. My new ones (A30 and WF) in ballistic nylon were pretty squashed flat when they arrived, and didn't take shape until after I packed them and traveled with them. Now they have a shape empty after traveling with them for 7 days straight.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, very helpful!

- should I realistically be afraid of packing them too full, ever?

North of the TB Mothership
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if you are filling the bag with Tom Bihn halcyon goodies. Sadly, the Tom Bihn zipper is stronger then the halcyon fabric and if your bag is stuffed so full you have the misfortune of catching your halcyon in your zipper you will have holes in your halcyon.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that they do soften over time although how long is a matter of debate based on use. I see it as a sign of attention that your bag gets (ie used more often). The softer = the more use it gets.

I'm not sure about halcyon as I have that in my accessories only but I will pack by ballistic nylon without fear of damage.

I do not expect and stretch though, just a softening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)