Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will my pumps fit into the NFTD?

I am going to Disney World at the end of October for the Wine and Food Festival with my Mom, a good friend, and my good friend's mom. My friend and her mom are part of the Disney Vacation Club, and are huge foodies, so they have plans for us to go to a really fancy restaurant one night while we are there. The trip will be Tues-Sat, so we will be there for 4 nights. So far, Spirit has the cheapest flights by far, and I am very tempted to just pack all my stuff in a bag small enough to qualify as my personal item.

I have been looking at the Night Flight Travel Duffle, and I know I can fit all my clothes, makeup, toiletries in it no problem, (I am planning on dressing very casually for the park, I wear very little makeup daily, and my hair air dries straight). However, the night we are going out to the fancy restaurant, we are celebrating both the mom's birthdays, and knowing the other three women, I will definitely have to wear heels, no option.

My question is whether or not I will be able to fit my size 7 pumps into one of the side compartments of the NFTD? I want to know before I buy it, as well as before we make our flight reservations. If they wont fit, I will most likely use a bag I already have and just check it since that costs less on Spirit.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PMM487 View Post
    I am going to Disney World at the end of October for the Wine and Food Festival with my Mom, a good friend, and my good friend's mom. My friend and her mom are part of the Disney Vacation Club, and are huge foodies, so they have plans for us to go to a really fancy restaurant one night while we are there. The trip will be Tues-Sat, so we will be there for 4 nights. So far, Spirit has the cheapest flights by far, and I am very tempted to just pack all my stuff in a bag small enough to qualify as my personal item.

I have been looking at the Night Flight Travel Duffle, and I know I can fit all my clothes, makeup, toiletries in it no problem, (I am planning on dressing very casually for the park, I wear very little makeup daily, and my hair air dries straight). However, the night we are going out to the fancy restaurant, we are celebrating both the mom's birthdays, and knowing the other three women, I will definitely have to wear heels, no option.

My question is whether or not I will be able to fit my size 7 pumps into one of the side compartments of the NFTD? I want to know before I buy it, as well as before we make our flight reservations. If they wont fit, I will most likely use a bag I already have and just check it since that costs less on Spirit.
    Hi @PMM487, and welcome to the forums.

I hope you get a definitive answer from an owner of the Night Flight Travel Duffle, but I think that the answer is that you can probably fit them into the main compartment, but not into the side compartment (unless your size 7 shoes are "flats"). Take a look at @sujo's post and picture about her size 7.5 shoes in the NFTD. Heels are a problem.

By the way, some of the best general "what fits" reference pictures for the NFTD have been posted by @kkintea, who is an enthusiastic user of this bag. I'll just also point you for reference to the discussion (and pictures) of how "minimalist" shoes (of a larger size) can be made to fit into the NFTD as show in this post and its adjacent comments. (For reference, I believe these are size 10.5).

HTH

moriond

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't have anything remotely that small in a shoe to try this out! If you can get them in, you'll lose the better part of one compartment and the only way to work around would probably be to roll pack your clothes into the rest of the available space. It's not out of the question, but you might need to try a few configurations in advance.

Another option is to put the heels into a plastic grocery bag. I haven't had anyone comment on items "bought" in the airport in the bag count. If you have NFTD and one small grocery bag, it'll barely be anything compared to other folks. Both can go right under the seat in front of you if needed.

Last idea: the NFTD would fit upright in a large shop bag and the shoes could go in the pockets, making a 1 bag solution for boarding. Everywhere else, you could carry it as 2 bags. I often have a shop bag on trips - so versatile.

What are you doing as a purse/Disney bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My phone isn't letting me upload. My size 7 Danskos barely fit in the end and I have to pull the zippers tight around. They take up most of the inner. My size 8 sneakers fit in end but again take up most of inner.

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of size 7.5 Sketcher GoWalk 4 shoes that measure 10 inches long and 6 inches tall (as shown below). Sorry this is as "pumped" as I go. : ))
    Will my pumps fit into the NFTD?-stacked-shoes-jpg

They fit in the end pocket. But as kayaking noted, it is tight and the zipper is tough to get around them (see below). It helped that the shoes were flexible. They do fit in the main compartment but take up most of the space.
    Will my pumps fit into the NFTD?-stacked-shoes-nftd-jpg

NOTE: The zipper on the end pocket does close completely but the pocket is pushed out horizontally, making the bag a bit wider than 9 inches on that side, which puts a little strain on the zippers. There is still room at the top for a few other things.
    Last edited by sujo; 08-15-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Orlando, FL near Disney World. Trust me. People dress like crap here, even to fancy restaurants. Plus, your feet will be under the table the entire time. Nobody will see them. Smile a lot and nobody will look at your feet, anyway.

My recommendation is to bring a long flowy sundress that covers you feet and wear whatever sandals you feel comfortable in.

Also, nobody wears pumps here. Seriously, nobody. Not even to the office. Business casual here is what most people would call "wash the car casual."

And it's still hotter than hell in October, so sandals are still fine.

If you really want to pack dressy shoes, go with dressy sandals where the tops and heels fold flat, or sling backs. They'll pack much smaller than real pumps.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 08-16-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Disney Vacation Club owner. Have been to every Signature restaurant at WDW and I never wear heals. Sandals would be fine anywhere.

Food & Wine is lots of fun. Enjoy!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not nearly as fun as stuffing a Night Flight full of books, behold! One pair of women's size 8.5, about a 3" heel.

Will my pumps fit into the NFTD?-img_0577-jpg

Will my pumps fit into the NFTD?-img_0578-jpg

The shoes in question pretty much fill an end pocket, but there is some space where you could stuff small things around.

Looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker!

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @turnleftbrighteyes - I see you removed the center frame, too. I find it much easier to pack and store without that frame.

On the whole, the NFTD is just a fun bag to pack and carry. I bought it on an impulse and have not regretted the purchase.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sujo: yes, it's a much more versatile bag without the center frame foam pad thingie. I'm not transporting camera equipment, so it just takes up space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or get some black Tieks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk