Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Nor Cal
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duffle for Golf clubs?

OK I know this is early, but I was looking at the glorious selection of bihn duffles and thought to ask my brother if he'd like one, ahem, later this year. He said sure for golf clubs. I'm guessing he likes to schlep the clubs to places where he will do a casual round. I'm sure he has real golf bags so I think this is more "let's pack a few clubs into the bag for playing in the Rockies when I take geology students on field trips kind of thing." Yes, he can be quirky.

I know nothing about golf clubs. Yes I'll get dimensions but I had such success asking about new lawyer gifts here that I need some forum input. Are any of the duffles long enough? Has anyone tried this? Any downsides you can see...especially from those who own one?

Thanks for any help.

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is anything to fit golf clubs. The largest is the Yeoman and it is only 24 inches long. Golf clubs average 36 inches to 45 inches in length. Besides, it is best to use a protective bag for clubs. I have a Tour Trek Hybrid Travel bag for travel. It looks totally ridiculous but it is light and convenient. The case is hard but light and the top comes off, meaning you are ready to play when you arrive. It also has wheels and TSA locks.

Another idea is FedEx or Luggage Forward. They ship golf clubs.

And yet another idea is this all-in-one golf club. I have been tempted to get this. It packs to about 18 inches long, so can fit in carry on. Now, whether you can get through security with it, I'm not sure. But it's an awesome idea!

ETA: Just saw that this all-in-one club cannot be brought on with carry on. It has to be checked, as do all golf clubs. But it will fit in the suitcase rather than trying to track down the place to retrieve larger-than-average checked baggage.
    Last edited by sujo; 08-15-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Nor Cal
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Sujo, thanks. I was afraid the TB bags were too small. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll dig a little deeper into how he plans to use it (air or just plopped into the car). If it is really just for hacking around I too love the idea of the all-in-one. He does love duffles so I'm still eyeing the TB one...even if not for golf clubs.

Thanks again!