Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stray fabric, Is this normal?

Hi All, I have a Black Halcyon DLBP (still with tags on) that I really would like to make mine but there is some stray fabric (please see pic below). The fabric seems to be attached. I did not yank on it since I did not want to damage the bag. Is this anything to be concerned about? Thoughts? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Stray fabric, Is this normal?-stray_fabric-png

Forum Member
    Pacific Northwest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What color is the lining of the bag? Does it interfere with the zipper operation? Is it noticeable from a normal viewing distance? I wouldn't attempt a cut there myself, too much of a chance of damage.

My opinion: these are products that are stitched together by real people operating sewing machines... there are bound to be a few little things that are slightly off here and there. Most of the time one wouldn't notice. (My quilting instructor called this the 100-mile-an-hour rule.)
    TB Stuff: Cadet (steel/iberian), Pilot (verde/steel), Synapse 19 (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (New Nordic/NW Sky), Swift (Aubergine/NW Sky), Makers Bag (Black/Steel), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Zest), Aeronaut 45 (Black/Ultraviolet).

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to bug you forever. I ask for an exchange. For the price, it should be perfect.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd recommend sending a note to our crew at emailus@tombihn.com about this -- they'll consult with our production team and will be able to figure out the next steps with you.

To me, it looks like a tiny piece of fabric got stitched into the seam when we were making the bag. This definitely isn't normal but is one of those things that can very occasionally happen (as featherwitch pointed out) when us humans make things. A small yank and the fabric should come out/all will be well, but let's see what our crew/the production crew says about that first as they're the experts on this. Smilie
    Last edited by Darcy; 08-22-2016 at 06:35 AM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.