Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coyote: Tom Bihn vs GoRuck

Hi, everyone. Thanks to some great advice from these forums I recently took delivery of an S25 in black halcyon for my EDC. I nearly bought it in coyote but decided that was too informal for work. However, I did order the snake charmer in coyote so I could get a look at the colour 'in the flesh'.

I love it and have convinced myself that I deserve to have two bags: the black halcyon for EDC and something in coyote for dog walks and carrying my stuff to the gym (I visit to train Muay Thai) and/or beach when I am in Thailand. I am currently undecided between another S25, an S19, and a GoRuck GR1.

Ignoring the merits of each bag (I may yet start a thread for that) I am wondering if anyone has compared the coyote for Tom Bihn and GoRuck? Looking at the pics/videos online the Tom Bihn looks to be darker, is it?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Forum Member
    Pacific Northwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have knowledge of the GoRuck, however, Ballistic Coyote is darker than I thought it would be- it's definitely a brown and not a tan or khaki.

I dug through my paint decks from Benjamin Moore, and to me it looks like "Mexican Hot Chocolate" - the color is CSP-1080.
    TB Stuff: Cadet (steel/iberian), Pilot (verde/steel), Synapse 19 (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (New Nordic/NW Sky), Swift (Aubergine/NW Sky), Makers Bag (Black/Steel), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Zest), Aeronaut 45 (Black/Ultraviolet).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, featherwitch. I think I like it because it is darker, and that's what concerns me about the Goruck - looks like more of a sand colour. If only I could get the GR1 in Wolf Grey. That's better than both coyotes, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"sic semper tyrannis"
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Goruck GR2 and had a coyote GR2 padded field pocket. It's a very light, sand/tan color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk