Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question about the night flight

I travel with my tristar and my messenger style camera bag
    my partner travels with his osprey 22 inch but he needs another bag for his personal item and i was thinking the night flight would be perfect.

However I read somewhere that you can not fit an iPad into it? Is this true/

San Pedro, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think a regular size iPad will fit. An iPad mini, fits well.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My iPad mini will fit in the end pocket. My old iPad won't fit either the main or end pockets.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdophoto View Post
    I travel with my tristar and my messenger style camera bag
    my partner travels with his osprey 22 inch but he needs another bag for his personal item and i was thinking the night flight would be perfect.

However I read somewhere that you can not fit an iPad into it? Is this true/
    The best answers I've seen about this (with photos illustrating this in the various configurations) are in the Night Flight thread:

For the iPad Mini, see @kkintea's post

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I would guess the NFTD is not ideal for the iPad Air. Here's the iPad MINI in various configurations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the iPad Air, see my post that summarized pictures from other posts:

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @peregrina, The basic answer is that if you have an iPad Air, it will fit, if a bit awkwardly, in the NFTD, but if you are talking about a regular sized iPad, the answer is that it won't fit. For pictures of how bad this is, look at @Katycorgi's posts in this thread, posts #160 and #161, if you are willing to both insert your iPad with absolutely no protection and also angle it inside the main compartment:

Read the discussion in posts 160 - 164. For a picture of the iPad Air fitting, look at @Missy's picture in post#188:

You should also read the discussion around these posts of exactly how tight or unacceptable people found the fit. For example, @atarango1 followed the discussion of @Katycorgi's posts, ordered the NFTD, and showed her own packing pictures (sans iPad) in post #285, with the conclusion that "First of all, a regular sized iPad just doesn't fit. My guess is I will stick it in one of my Tri star pockets when I travel with the Night Flight".

There are a few more pictures of the iPad in Otterbox case not fitting by @Katycorgi. BTW, the way I found these was by using the search in thread option at the top of the web page for this thread, and typing in "iPad". Since I'm on a iPad, I'm not taking the time to embed all the post links and picture via cut and paste editing, so hope the post numbers and pictures will be enough. Since you're not interested in the iPad Mini I'm not going to link to @kkintea's posts and pictures of that item in the NFTD.

HTH

moriond
    That post also discussed the fact that regular size iPads (before the iPad Air) really do not fit well, and showed a picture.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks we have an iPad air but we might be moving towards an iPad pro 9.7 inch. I am thinking ahead on both fronts and wanting to make sure it would fit. Too bad because I think this bag could be perfect.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this bag come with the cord zipper pulls? All of my other bags have come with a pack of pulls tucked in one of the pockets, but this one did not. I'm not ready to place another TB order (well, I'm always ready, but I can't just buy one thing), but the zippers aren't easy to use without a pull.
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talkshop90 View Post
    Does this bag come with the cord zipper pulls? All of my other bags have come with a pack of pulls tucked in one of the pockets, but this one did not. I'm not ready to place another TB order (well, I'm always ready, but I can't just buy one thing), but the zippers aren't easy to use without a pull.
    Mine did. If they were omitted in yours it was likely a mistake. I'd contact Tom Bihn customer service.

And if you are ever in the Boston area see me; I have a boxful of extra cord pulls I'm happy to give away
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did contact them, but it was after hours on Friday. Thanks, bchaplin. Don't tempt me, though. I'm always looking for an excuse to go somewhere, and I've never been to Boston.
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    And if you are ever in the Boston area see me; I have a boxful of extra cord pulls I'm happy to give away
    Ditto to anyone in Chicago who needs black zipper pulls; I have a set of them I'd be glad to pass along.