Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight Backpack vs. Packing Cube Backpack inside a Synapse 25

Hi Folks,

I am interested in buying a S25 but would also like to have a smaller backpack to go inside. The plan would be to load up the S25 as my main travel backpack, but leave it in my hotel room and use the smaller backpack when I'm out and about during the day. Using a smaller backpack to do double-duty as a packing cube will further my goal of traveling light. I'm wondering if the DLPB would work as a packing cube, or whether it would be be inefficient. Another reason why I'm leaning toward the DL is that the PCBP color options are limited.

Bonus question: which size PCBP would be best for the S25?

Thanks!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DLBP does fit. It is a great bag. Look in the Accessories folder on the forum for a post about Packjng Cubes for S25. In the last few days, people with more experience than I have posted photos and observations about a DLBP in an S25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go with the Daylight backpack too. It will not be as good for packing as the Packing Cube Backpack, but excels as a day bag at your destination. It's my favorite backpack of all Tom Bihn things just because it's so flexible and useful and light and packable.
    If I were to go with a Packing Cube backpack, I'd get the Aeronaut one. Shoes can go in the bottom, and when it's inverted (straps inside) it takes up less space than the Tristar version.