Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hero's Journey Side Pockets Cache Loop Compatibility?

Are the gatekeeper clips on the HJSP spaced such that they are compatible with the cache loops inside, say, an S25? Might be a really cool inside pocket option if so.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, today is the day of sloppy reading it seems. My answer was total nonsense as I thought you wanted to attach a cashe outside on the actual backpack but now I see you want to attach the Side Pockets to a cashe... so sorry.

On that note though: ceepee has attached the the shoulderstrap of the FJN to an iPad cashe so she can carry that cashe over the shoulder. With your idea combined this makes for a very cool inflight-entertainment solution.

Ilkyway

EDIT because of former nonsense
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 11-29-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @benh

Short answer - Yes

If you are trying to attach the HsJ side pocket to the interior bag loops that are used to anchor TB caches in other bags (your purpose being to make another storage compartment in the upper section of the bag), the answer is yes, they are compatible.

Each side of the HsJ side pockets have gatekeeper clips but each side differs in the distance they are apart from each other. One side has gatekeeper clips that are about 4.5" apart (centre of the webbing to centre of the webbing). The other side has gatekeeper clips that are about 7.5" apart (centre to centre).

The side that is 4.5" apart is compatible with any bag that can hold a vertical cache (e.g. S25, SA, etc).
    The side that is 7.5" apart is compatible with any bag that can hold a horizontal cache (Cadet, TriStar, Empire Builder, etc).

Depending on variances in manufacture, there is play of about 1/4" between how far apart the loops are sewn into the bags but that is not an issue as the whole setup is flexible.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 11-29-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Think I'll get one and give that a try.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note also that if putting the HsJ side pocket in the S25/SA (or any TB bag using the vertical rail loops), the zipper opening to the side pocket will be at the bottom. You will need to flip the pocket up to get things from it. If using in briefcases (ie. any TB bag using the horizontal rail loops), the zipper opening to the side pocket will be on top.

Not a big issue for me but I thought I would point this out as this is not the case for other pouches - e.g. 3DOC, SE, etc.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 11-30-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about that very thing. Seems like the zipper would be on the bottom. I'm not sure it's a big issue either, but not ideal. Thanks for thinking about that.