Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Upstate New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFTD and Side Effect

Hi All,

I had an unexpected windfall this month so thought that I'd pull the trigger on a NFTD, which I have wanted for a while. However, I was wondering whether a side effect would fit inside of a NFTD. I know that the interiors seem rather small. Has anyone used it with a side effect?
    Owner of Aeronaut 45, Aubergine/Wasabi; MCB, Plum; Travel Trays, Wasabi, NW Sky & Zest; PCSB, Iberian; PCBP, Steel, black dyneema CP & Pilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokosmom View Post
    Hi All,

I had an unexpected windfall this month so thought that I'd pull the trigger on a NFTD, which I have wanted for a while. However, I was wondering whether a side effect would fit inside of a NFTD. I know that the interiors seem rather small. Has anyone used it with a side effect?
    @Yokosmom,

Nearly all questions of the sort you are asking have been answered by @kkintea, with pictures. So without further ado:

The picture is of 3 Side Effect in the NFTD. Start on page 17 of the Night Flight thread and keep scrolling to view her many posts and pictures.

HTH

moriond

BTW, the Small Yeoman Duffel does work for me to hold my music stand and instrument roll

Forum Member
    Upstate New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for both of your (fast!) tips, moriond. Whenever I search the forums, a thousand threads come up, with no way of telling where the relevant information is located.
    Owner of Aeronaut 45, Aubergine/Wasabi; MCB, Plum; Travel Trays, Wasabi, NW Sky & Zest; PCSB, Iberian; PCBP, Steel, black dyneema CP & Pilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for both of your (fast!) tips, moriond. Whenever I search the forums, a thousand threads come up, with no way of telling where the relevant information is located.
    Tip on searching the forums:

This issue has come up before, and I wish the Advanced search defaults were set differently. I use the Advanced Search link to get results in the form of individual posts rather than threads. Even using the Advanced search option, I have to tap to switch from the default tab that searches multiple content types, to the first tab that searches by posts.

On my searches the default "User Name" is set to me ("moriond"), but in this case, I typed "kkintea" in this field, then typed "night flight side effect" into the "Keywords" text box, and then hit return.

I knew she had answered this question before, so this was a quick way to search.

HTH. You can try using the link I made to the first tab that searches by posts to try your searches. I find it easiest to weed down results if I use User Name searches, because we don't have fine control over limiting the date range search parameters.

moriond

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to add -- the side effect also fits easily into the end pockets of the NFTD! That's where I generally keep mine since it's easier to access than the main compartment.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been traveling with the NFTD for 15 weeks straight. I don't use the side effect with it because I keep my wallet in my second bag (Imago). I do keep a 3D cube in my work drawer if I need to take a small purse to a meeting. I tried to purchase the Side Kick on Tuesday but it was an epic fail... when it is available again, I will buy it along with the baby TT and do some new NFTD photos.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Upstate New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the advice. It is good to hear that the side effect will fit in the end pockets too. I just purchased the NFTD in verde and added a camera insert for good measure. Now for a long week of impatient waiting.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I fly I put a side effect with all my purse stuff and passport in the middle with a medium travel sack w chargers and there's still room for a packing cube of snacks. In the middle I also put the qkit. End pockets hold iPad mini and scarf.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it easier to search Google and include "site:forums.tombihn.com"

Forum Member
    Upstate New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my NFTD yesterday and it is perfect! Easily fits my camera, side effect, tablet, a hardcover book, scarf, big headphones, etc. Looking forward to using it on my flight out to the west coast next week.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFTD and Side Effect

Oh I need to write this up more formally but I used my NFTD to go home for thanksgiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk