Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medium Cafe Freudian Slip vs. Maker/Swift FS in regular Swift?

Crowdsourcing here - does anyone have pictures (and/or opinions) comparing the Medium Cafe FS in the Swift, vs. using the Maker/Swift FS? (as well as in the Maker's Bag) I can see that in some cases it might be preferable to have a shorter FS, but I also know my challenge with the Swift has been vertical organization, so the extra two inches might be desirable.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No pictures of the medium as I traded it when I ordered a Swift and Swift/maker's FS. My intent was then I could have one FS built for the Swift and Maker's. In hindsight I should have kept the medium. It allows full range and use of the two water bottle pockets in the Maker's. The Swift/maker's FS is just a tad too big for that.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha, just the sort of feedback I was looking for!! Thank you!!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the other thing: I gave away my Makers FS as I found the layout was not right for me. I want the penpockets and I like the easy acces spacke for my phone without zippers to scratch it. I often use FSs and than I also often stop again but the most used one is the MCB-FS as that one is most versitile and I like the layout best. It also fits into all my backpacks adding nice organisation there too (great in the DLBP as it adds both organisation and strukture)

Since I do not own the Makers FS anymore no comparison pictures :-(

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Crowdsourcing here - does anyone have pictures (and/or opinions) comparing the Medium Cafe FS in the Swift, vs. using the Maker/Swift FS? (as well as in the Maker's Bag) I can see that in some cases it might be preferable to have a shorter FS, but I also know my challenge with the Swift has been vertical organization, so the extra two inches might be desirable.
    I'll post pics over the weekend if nobody has responded by then, but I think the MCB FS will move around a lot and/or "tip over" in the Swift unless the Swift is packed.

What in your opinion is the advantage of using the MCB FS over the MB FS? Smaller? Organisation of the MCB FS more useful? Trying to understand where you're coming from.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ilkyway, it's helpful for me to hear multiple perspectives!! Your experience fits in with other feedback I'm getting, that the Medium Cafe FS is quite versatile.

Adalangdon - thank you, if you get pictures that would be lovely! The Maker/Swift FS is out of stock at the mothership so I wasn't able to add it to my latest order, but someone offered me a Medium Cafe FS in the meantime. I took some measurements with just a ruler and the Medium Cafe FS will fit both bags of course, but looks to have more leeway on either side (that is, width-wise). I'm okay with a little extra room in the Swift, as I often want to carry a water bottle along with the rest of my stuff. (Wondering if it will bother me that the MCB-FS doesn't fill up the MB side to side, or if that will be flexible room that I can configure more easily for odd-shaped contents.)

Not sure how well the MCB-FS will work in my Maker's Bag... I'm not averse to eventually getting a Maker/Swift-FS for the MB since I use the Maker's Bag for different situations than my Swift. But it would be convenient if the MCB-FS works well in both bags - though in practice I have not really found that the module concept works for me, I end up transferring my bits and bobs to the pockets of each bag I use, rather than moving a Side Effect or FS in and out of each bag. Smilie

As to functionality - I've eyeballed the pictures on the TB site, but I think it's going to be one of those things where I have to see the items in person to really understand what I can use each FS for. Mainly I want top slots so that I don't lose my stuff (phone, pens) in the bottom of either bag, plus the structure of the FS for holding either 8x11 paper or my iPad mini in place. I'm sure either one will work for those basic requirements - just tweaking to see if I can get to organizational nirvana! Big Grin

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the MCBFS in my MB and I find that it works well because I am able to easily use the interior mesh side pockets--one for my Contigo mug and the other for my travel umbrella. I think the MBFS would make it a tight fit. I agree with others that the MCBFS is very versatile and fits well in many bags...
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medium Cafe Freudian Slip vs. Maker/Swift FS in regular Swift?

Sorry for the delay, here you go. I slotted a pen and pencil in for your reference. My mug is the "big" Contigo. As you can see, one problem with the MCB FS with such a big bottle is that the bottle smooshes the pockets on top when placed in the elastic holder. Also, there's a lot of leftover space if the MCB FS is used.

If the Swift looks floppy it's because it's a cordura one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adalangdon; 01-08-2017 at 04:23 AM.