Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by segacs View Post
    I doubt mine will fit then. It's a (work-issued, sadly) Lenovo brick that's rather heavier and clunkier than the average 14" laptop. One of the reasons I'm looking for a backpack-type bag in the first place is that the dang thing is too heavy to carry in a tote or shoulder bag.

Thanks, though. I guess I'll keep looking elsewhere.
    If it helps, I found this link with pictures of a Lenovo L440 fitting inside an S19 (no sleeve) - perhaps the L440 is close in size to the Lenovo laptop you are carrying?. It is also a good review comparison between the S19 and S25 volumes. It might be useful too to note that the S25 is basically the same volume as the Western Flyer you are thinking of too.

Synapse25 & Synapse 19 Tom Bihn Minimal Travel

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm small, too, at 4'10 and 95 lbs. I got the NF for under the seat personal item, and am now looking for something to replace the carry-on sized rollerboard (which is awful to drag up stairs). For 3 weeks in Europe, would a A30 be too big for me? I've seen the video of a 5'2" young lady wearing one, but am unsure. Any ideas/suggestions welcomed!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 4'11, though a little fluffier than you are. Smilie I have the Aeronaut 30 and I've taken it on a 9-day (domestic) trip, with a Maker's Bag as personal item. I kept my gear in the A30 and lived out of it, transferring a couple times between hotels. Lots of running between airport gates, especially for the homeward leg of my journey. Not an eye batted - I carried it on everywhere.

Here is a picture of me wearing an A30 (not mine - I was trying a fellow Bihnion's bag on at a meetup, but I've since bought my own!):

[IMG]

I didn't have my A30 yet for my most recent trip to Europe, but I've traveled enough to say that I would absolutely be comfortable taking the A30 as my main bag. It does depend on your capacity and preference for load bearing. If I were anticipating hefting it fair distances on cobblestones (say, three miles from the train station to my hotel) and/or lots of public transport, I might downsize even further and use the Smart Alec as my main bag. That's mainly because I have foot issues and don't do well with long walks and a heavy pack.

But if you're just carrying the A30 on your back while in the airport, and then on a shuttle to your lodging where you can store it while you sightsee - then yes, absolutely it's a great size!!

(and, your question wasn't about the NFTD, but I personally prefer a "flatter" cross-body bag paired with the A30 - like the MB or one of the Cafe Bags. Just my preference since the A30 is already fairly boxy and I don't want another boxy item on my front as well as my back. YMMV! Smilie)

Quote Originally Posted by scottiedog View Post
    I'm small, too, at 4'10 and 95 lbs. I got the NF for under the seat personal item, and am now looking for something to replace the carry-on sized rollerboard (which is awful to drag up stairs). For 3 weeks in Europe, would a A30 be too big for me? I've seen the video of a 5'2" young lady wearing one, but am unsure. Any ideas/suggestions welcomed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much, Haraya, for so much help! I feel more confident about the A30 now, and am very grateful for the suggestion of the MB instead of taking the NFTD as the personal item, since I'd like something flatter in front, too (looking like a small pack mule doesn't do anyone any favors!). Many thanks again, and especially with the picture of you wearing the A30. You all are great on this forum!Big Grin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2