Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mad about SA upper modular pocket color discontinuation

Hello,

I bought my SA Verde color bag before christmas and decided to wait to try it out before buying the accessories as it was my first tom bihn bag. Now I really love my SA, but they stopped making the upper modular pocket in Verde right before I decided I wanted one! I don't really want to walk around with a green backpack and with black pockets....it just looks weird to me. Where can I find verde color upper modular pockets for sale used? I've posted an ad on a local buy/sell site with no response... Frown

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or alternatively is it possible to return my Verde bag for a different color since they stopped making Verde accessories?

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you call TB customer support? They may (by luck) have one last UMP in the color you are looking for. Call quick!

As for returning, I do not believe you can do this if it is used or past the 60 day refund/exchange period (unused and in original condition). Again, TB customer support will be able to assist.

You could also add a post in the 2017 wish list.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!

Edit: Alternately, I have seen a Side Effect used instead of the UMP on an SA using gatekeeper clips. The Side Effect still comes in Verde. Here is a post from @Amy showing this:

Taking your hobbies with you

Side Effect on a Smart Alec

Also, the Guide's Pack Lead's Pocket comes in Olive - similar to the verde. I have, in the past attached it to the UMP mount points:

Last edited by tpnl; 02-17-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like there is a lower modular pocket in Verde--would that interest you?

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would give the Verde/UV Side Kick a chance as a UMP. Add a couple of gatekeeper clips to your order, and then you can use the SK as a UMP in transit, then as a day bag when you arrive at your destination.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, but if I can find someone selling both MP's together I will probably buy them both used. If not, I'll buy the verde LMP.

I like the side-kick / side effect idea. Will try that if I can't find a used UMP.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to find a used one on the forum! So happy.