Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    New Jersey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nintendo Switch to go.

Anyone else pick one up or plan on doing it soon? I can't be the only nerd and general Nintendo fan in here. I just snagged one, by chance, today. I'm thinking of the portability and the things one would want to take to go and this sounds like a perfect thing for Tom Bihn folks to worry about.

I'm thinking that one would want the console itself, Joy Con Controllers, Pro Controller if needed, AC Adapter/Charging Cord, and spots for games. I'm thinking this could fit pretty well in my Pilot, not necessarily an EDC since I wouldn't bring it to work, but I am trying to think of other options, too. Padded Organizer pouch, Q Kits, or Snake Charmer to fit more of the items?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! - nope. not the only one Wink

Sadly, not planning to pick it up soon- I'm waiting... (just cannot justify it for zelda yet)

My input here though, is that my wife and I were discussing it's pros and (joy)cons the other day and she instantly said it would fit perfect in her sidekick. Without doing measurements, and leaving out a procontroller, I'd guess it'd be a perfect fit as well!

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely want one, but I'm trying to not pay too much attention so that I don't buy one yet. I'm currently in self-deprivation mode for a lot of expenditures right now because I plan on treating myself this summer when I'm in Paris and I do NOT want to feel guilty when that happens.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband has one and let me run a quick test. With the joy cons on, the Switch absolutely fits in the Side Kick. I was also able to put the Pro Controller in behind the Switch. The power brick is quite large but I'm pretty sure it would fit.

When my Switch comes in this week I'll get some pictures. I was a bit afraid of scratching the screen so it was an in and out no pictures situation.

Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in picking up a Switch just so I can play Zelda...it looks so good from what I've heard from game reviewers so far. But, the price is a bit steep for now. Might just wait for a sale later this year...hopeful. And it's nice to know that the Switch fits into the Sidekick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Switch arrived a day early, so you get pictures today. The kit in today's pictures is: a Switch, 2 Joy Cons, power brick, and Pro Controller. Featured bags are Side Kick in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky and Side Effect Original Black Halcyon/Wasabi.

Side Kick, it all fit with room to spare. If you want to carry games with you in their cases, you can.
    Nintendo Switch to go.-switch-kit-side-kick-jpg

Side Effect, it all fit. I was concerned it wouldn't all zip with the Pro Controller, but it did just fine. Not a lot of room so you'll probably want to go with digital downloads or games without the case.
    Nintendo Switch to go.-switch-kit-side-effect-jpg

Forum Member
    New Jersey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any padded pouch that would be a good fit for the switch. It seems the carrying cases are all backordered.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that the Nintendo Switch within one of the official carrying cases fits just about perfect in one of the interior pockets of the Pilot.

Nintendo Switch to go.-nintendo-switch-tb-pilot-small-jpg

Here's the case I bought: Nintendo Switch Premium Console Case - Mario Edition

Here's one I'm considering 'upgrading' to: Nintendo Switch CitySlicker Case

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    Side Kick, it all fit with room to spare. If you want to carry games with you in their cases, you can.
    How well does it fit in the Side Kick with the joycons attached? Looking at the dimensions it looks like it should fit okay.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    How well does it fit in the Side Kick with the joycons attached? Looking at the dimensions it looks like it should fit okay.
    Just fine. I tried that the first time.

Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that a few months have gone by since launch and (hopefully) more people might have had a chance to grab a Switch, any updates on how people are carrying the Switch? I just got one and am trying to decide on some sort of carrying pouch that I can put into a backpack etc. I'm wondering whether a TB bag like the Side Kick will do the trick, or if I should go with one of the official cases.

One thing I'm wondering about the Side Kick: I've seen people talking in a gaming forum about how the Switch has a tendency to wake up at very slight bumps to the buttons. Has anyone else noticed this as a problem?

Oh, and in case anyone else was wondering like I was: I can fit the Switch tablet into one of the side pockets of the Synapse 25, but not when the joy-cons are attached. That pocket is the perfect size for a 3DS XL, so I was sort of hoping the whole Switch would fit in there too. Oh well.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Zelda case that came in the Special Edition of the game. It's too big, but I wanted the poster... The case is just an extra.

That said, I knew I needed a case so this made sense instead of buying the standard edition of Zelda and then getting a $20 case. So, I'm waiting to see what kind of case options pop up. I kind of want a felted wool case for mine.. something that will protect from scratch and stuff mostly so I can put it in my Synapse.

What I've been toying with is trying to find a way to buy felted wool by the yard so I can make my own case (yay for mom's who know how to do this stuff). Then getting some gate keeper clips to attach to the spare Cache clips in my bag.

If I don't go with that route, I may end up just getting a City Slicker from Waterfield.

I will say the only major thing that bums me out about the Switch is the size, it's small, but it's still awkwardly sized for travel.