Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lamy Safari in small travel tray?

Anyone have any experience with the small travel tray and a Lamy Safari? The measurements seem a bit tight. Will a Safari or two lay down flat in the small tray? Can anyone post some pics of the small tray and what they have in it?

thanks,

Nathan

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can go in, but I wouldn't really say it fits--the pen pushes the sides of the small tray out a bit, and the pen does not lie on the bottom of the tray (it hovers above the bottom, held up by the sides). It fits fine in the large tray, though. Here's a picture of a Lamy Al-Star Safari in a UV small travel tray and a Zest large travel tray.

Lamy Safari in small travel tray?-lamy-ltt-jpg
    Lamy Safari in small travel tray?-lamy-stt-jpg
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly what I needed. Thanks. Too bad it isn't just a bit bigger.

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a TWSBI Eco (which is a much better pen than Lamy Safari! but I don't want to start anything) in a small travel tray, even though aedifica beat me to it.

Lamy Safari in small travel tray?-img_5050-jpg

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome! I was all excited to see that it was a question I could answer. I like those pens.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    which is a much better pen than Lamy Safari! but I don't want to start anything
    Hee! It can't beat the Safari for me, though, because part of my attachment to the Safari is sentimental. I got my first one when I was in Germany for a semester during high school.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the love of all things, just don't let them touch Baystate blue!

It's good to know to lean toward the large tray!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, at least 9 boxes of Lamy, Safari, Vista, Al-Star writing instruments fit into a Medium Yarn Stuff Sack with Clear Bottom.

Ask me how I know.

You guys wants me to write a looooong post about another brand I am passionate about or should I just make a blog post, somewhere?

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    You guys wants me to write a looooong post about another brand I am passionate about or should I just make a blog post, somewhere?
    Sure, I'd enjoy reading that!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Here's a TWSBI Eco (which is a much better pen than Lamy Safari! but I don't want to start anything) in a small travel tray, even though aedifica beat me to it.

Lamy Safari in small travel tray?-img_5050-jpg
    I haven't used a TWSBI pen yet, but I've seen rave reviews online. My main hangup is that they don't seem to come in fun colors. What am I missing?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katek8 View Post
    I haven't used a TWSBI pen yet, but I've seen rave reviews online. My main hangup is that they don't seem to come in fun colors. What am I missing?

I have the TWSBI Mini and I did have the Vac700. I sold the Vac only because it was way too big for me (as told by photos below). That vac system was pretty sweet. I love my Mini like none other. It's the perfect size, easy to clean ans swap inks, fits anywhere, secure and hasn't leaked...swap-able nibs that are smooth as hell.

Mini posted Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Mini unposted Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Kaweco sport unposted Cult Pens Haul - Imgur

What I love about TWSBI? Everything can come apart and can be deep cleaned. They test, retest, and test again all designs, so you know you're getting a labor of love. Full transparency, sloshing inky goodness - this is where the fun color comes into play!!! They are "fun" looking compared to a more serious pen as seen compared with Pelikan and Sailor Pro Gear. Camera Upload - Imgur