Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Aubergine/Ultraviolet a viable combo to wait for?

I am lusting after a Makers Bag and was hoping for an Aubergine/Ultraviolet combination. I don't see any bag in that combo currently. Am I crazy to hope for getting one someday?

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be so pretty! I'd like to see Navy/Island sometime, too. Maybe not for the Maker's Bag, but for something.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see that combo, and Burnt Orange/Island but so far I don't think either have been produced.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubergine/UV, Navy/Island..... Big Grin

And... I Got A Brand New Bag.

But you don't have to take my word for it, listen to James Brown original studio version of "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrrsqOqKFEU

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting question. I've always admired pictures of the aubergine/UV SE but wonder what other bags came in that combination. I'm hoping others will weigh in and tell us. I don't have an aubergine Side Effect yet but that combo would make me pull the trigger.

Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a PCSB in UV for my SIL along with a DOP. I requested "something that will look pretty with UV", thinking they'd send Island or Nordic or something. They sent an Aubergine one. I really did not care for it with the UV. They didn't really clash exactly but the contrast was minimal. I don't know, it's hard for me to put my finger on what bothered me about that combo but I was disappointed in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry!! I just re-read the post. I thought you were asking if we liked the color combo. Not whether the combo was likely. I should have read that more carefully!

Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    The Aubergine/Ultraviolet combination has been made in various bags, but usually in limited quantities. While I love both colors, in certain light, they seem to clash. You could call customer service and ask about it. They might be able to tell you if it's on the production schedule.
    Good luck! elisa

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun to get the feedback regardless if you like it the combo or not. i thought i saw a picture of a SE in those colors and thought it was pretty, but in person is often something different entirely. They are all so beautiful, it is easy to see how people have so many bags... I halfway plan trips around which bag i might be able to rationalize.

York, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be one of my dream combinations...Aubergine/UV....I do like grey combinations , but the Aubergine/UV would have me buying.
    Now wondering why Steel isn't a viable option in the Halcyon, ie steel with a black grid?
    (I blame the lack of sleep)
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want contrast between the outside and inside of my bags. It helps me tell if a zipper is open.

Also, as much as I love purple, I think Aubergine and UV clash.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Aubergine/UV combo may be difficult to visualize and, like some have said, seem to clash. Check out post #29 in this thread. It's a picture of Jess's SE. With UV having the white grid, I think it's enough of a contrast to delineate between the two colors, but that's of course just my opinion and I'll admit might eyesight isn't that great.

https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...-effect-2.html

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pammy - I am pretty sure I have seen that picture before, which made me want to get one. Thanks for finding it again for me.

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Aubergine/Ultraviolet a viable combo to wait for?

It is my dream combo still, but I was told holding breath would not be a good idea. So I have to settle with black halcyon and UV. Sigh....

Last edited by sboussios; 11-18-2019 at 12:51 AM.
    A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize