Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the 5/8" SHOULDER STRAP work with the Side Kick?

Hi All! I recently received my new Side Kick and I absolutely love it. The only thing I'm not totally loving is the 1" shoulder strap, it's a tad bit wide for my taste. I'm wondering if the 5/8 strap works on the SK (pics would be greatly appreciated). Thanks in advance

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 5/8" shoulder strap has the small snaphooks like the keystraps, instead of the bigger snaphook of the 1" strap.
    Those small snaphooks snap great to O-rings, but might be a bit small for the larger attachment point on the SK.

If you can snap a keystrap to the attachment points on the SK, and you feel comfortable with that attachment, then the 5/8" shoulder strap should work.

On the plus side, I just saw that they are now selling the 1" shoulder straps separately, Yay! I've been wanting to cut one apart and weave my own, but reuse the hardware.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 04-11-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    On several occasions I've used the 5/8th inch strap on a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. As long as it is packed very light, it works great. With a tablet, a phone, a paperback book, and a TB Wallet, it felt uncomfortable because of the narrow strap. While I don't consider this load to be heavy, it felt heavy with that strap. I do prefer that strap, however, and continue to use it frequently. I've been considering getting one specifically for my Side Kick. elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for the feedback - just what i was looking for.

AlaskaGirl - My SK mostly lives in my WF as an organizer, I will probably only wear it a few times a week when going somewhere with the family that requires a casual, "rugged" bag and I don't want to risk my nice leather purse (hiking, amusement parks, etc.). When I'm wearing my SK it won't be loaded down too heavy because it just ends up hurting my shoulder, so the 5/8 might work for me too. I think I will order one to have as an option.

BWeaves - I'm so intrigued that you weave your own straps! Tell me more...what method/materials do you use? Do you have pictures? Not that I need a new crafty hobby Are you actually in Orlando, or just near it? I grew up in Central Florida and my parents still live there, we spend quite a bit of time in Lakeland - we were just there for a month, as a matter of fact. I think I will hold onto the 1" strap for now, but if I decide to purchase the 5/8, I would be happy to let a 1" strap hitch a ride to Florida for you. We are in N. Florida right now, I think shipping it on to Orlando would likely cost less than $6.

Forum Member
    Bangalore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went the other way. I have a black halcyon with island interior SK and felt the 1" shoulder strap was a bit too thin. I swapped it out for the 1.5 " strap that came with my PCSB. And it feels proportional particularly to the depth of 2.8". And the PCSB because it is much more floppier than the SK seems to be fine with a 1" strap. Guess we are all wired differently😂

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    artofeverydaylife: I PMed you.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jawnsayrau View Post
    I went the other way. I have a black halcyon with island interior SK and felt the 1" shoulder strap was a bit too thin. I swapped it out for the 1.5 " strap that came with my PCSB. And it feels proportional particularly to the depth of 2.8". And the PCSB because it is much more floppier than the SK seems to be fine with a 1" strap. Guess we are all wired differently��

I originally read "we are all weird..." I think that's probably true too Thank you for the feedback! I went ahead and ordered a PCSB yesterday just to see if I would like the larger bag and lack of pockets. Pockets are great, but sometimes so is the flexibility of lack of pockets. I threw in a 5/8" strap to try that out too.

Forum Member
    Bangalore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    👍🏿 The PCSB has its uses. You can use pouches for internal organizing. And it is super light.