Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strategies for dealing with a sagging S25?

I originally bought the S25 for longer trips where I wanted to be able to bring a decent amount of mirrorless camera gear, a change of clothing and toiletries, extra jacket, and assorted other electronics (tablet, phone, etc.) in a single bag. For this purpose, it was great and I was pleased with how much I was able to carry in it, and also with how the bag sat on my back (esp. with the padded waist strap).

I recently added the cache so that I could use the S25 with my 13" MacBook Pro, thinking the S25 would be good as an everyday carry bag. However, I've found that when I'm carrying less stuff around - i.e. not stuffing the S25 enough to fill the bulk of the main compartment - the fact that the cache sits higher in the bag means that the bottom part of the back panel will sag.

Is anyone finding this to be the case, and if so, do you have any way of dealing with it? I like using the S25 because of the organization and the option value of the extra space (e.g. if I want to pick up some groceries on the way home from work) but am annoyed by the sagging and the need to straighten the bag against my back each time I put it on.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tent to carry around so much stuff on a daily bases that my S25 does not sagg. But the first thought I had was: would the S25 Freudian Slip do the trick for you? I would not biy it soley to deal with the sagging but if it had features you can see yourself using I'd say give that a try.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, interesting idea!

What is it about the Freudian Slip that makes you suggest it? I.e. does the Freudian Slip have any stiffness to it on its own? Or is it large enough that, with some number of things stuffed into it, it would naturally occupy the space that sags / bunches up?

Thanks!

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Freudian slip in my S25 and it's like a thin piece of foam giving structure to the teardrop shape of the bag. I leave mine in my S25 most of the time for this reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Perseffect! That's super helpful. One followup question for you - do you use a Cache and keep a laptop in the bag as well? In my use of the S25 it's the weight of the laptop that causes the sagging and I wonder whether the Slip counters that effectively.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcl View Post
    Thanks Perseffect! That's super helpful. One followup question for you - do you use a Cache and keep a laptop in the bag as well? In my use of the S25 it's the weight of the laptop that causes the sagging and I wonder whether the Slip counters that effectively.
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I carry a 13inch laptop cache in my work S25 and I don't notice the sag. I know what you mean though as an empty bag with a cache/laptop alone had an odd sagging on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I carry a 13inch laptop cache in my work S25 and I don't notice the sag. I know what you mean though as an empty bag with a cache/laptop alone had an odd sagging on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the additional context. I'm in Seattle for business in a couple of weeks and I think I will stop by the showroom to see if I can try this out in person!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk