1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which size laundry stuff sack for a synapse 25

hello all! I am hoping someone out there can help me with sizing a laundry stuff sack. I would like to get one that will fit the front lower pocket of the synapse 25. I have been trying to look at pics and videos to see if the A30 or A45 laundry stuff sack would fit better. Is there anyone out there who has tried either in the synapse? If so, do you have any pics of said fit? I feel like the easy way out would be of course to get the A30 one, but if can I would prefer the bigger A45 if it will fit. Thank you ahead of time!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could probably get by with the A45 laundry stuff sack... It's a bit tight though.

Here's an imgur album

There's a size comparison with the A45 Laundry Stuff Sack and a Snakecharmer. One with the Snake Charmer in the bag, and a few more showing the Laundry Stuff Sack in the bag and out. It's really tight when full. It bulges at the bottom both inside and out, so expect to lose space in the bag as well.

I do not have an A30 Laundry Stuff Sack so I can't compare there. I would love an A30, but my wallet isn't deep enough for one for a nice long while.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my A30 in my S25 at the bottom of the main compartment - fits perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fredletsTravels.com

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @melminimalist,

The correct size Travel Laundry Stuff Sack to fit the lower front pocket of the Synapse 25 is the TLSS for Aeronaut 30. Take a look at the pictures in my post [#39] at the end of the Laundry stuff sacks are here thread.

I've excerpted a couple of images. If you want to see more pictures of the TLSS for A30 in comparison with other bags and stuff sacks, look through the pictures I posted earlier in that thread, which shows it with various combinations of other bags.

Just remember that although accessories like the TLSS for A30 and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag can fit into the lower front pocket at the bottom of the Synapse 25, it is still possible to stuff those accessories so completely full that they will cause the back of that pocket to bulge into the main compartment area so that it impacts your ability to store flat items that extend the length of the inside compartment.

In most cases the TLSS for A30 is the more convenient choice to work with other bags. The TLSS for A45 can work at the bottom of a Swift for a maximally sized project bag, and either can be used in cavernous bags like the Smart Alec.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A30 definately
    Previous owned: A45 ballistic, NFTD
    Own:A45 Black Halcyon, A30 black ballistic, WF black ballistic, DLBC black Halcyon, DLBP original black dyneema, various packing cubes

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I put my laundry sack at the bottom of the main compartment to leave the front bottom section available for quick access things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fredletsTravels.com

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK,

Here's another quick reference point you can use to distinguish the TLSS for A45 size vs the TLSS for A30 -- it's discussed in the Laundry Stuff Sacks are here thread that I linked, but I realize that many people don't bother to read the contents of linked posts, or even to view the additional pictures, which is why I usually embed a few excerpted examples in my posted replies.

The cross-section of the Travel Laundry Stuff Sack for Aeronaut 45 can fit in a regular size Travel Tray. In @Badger's The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as an ultralite overnight bag thread, she shows that the TLSS for A45 can fit a Travel Tray:

So, all of you who have Travel Trays, think about how much space that 7.25" diameter tray occupies as a cylindrical section inside the TLSS for A45, and decide how something that large fits inside of other bags. There's a slight length difference, too, but in lots of cases it is the larger diameter that makes the TLSS for A45 difficult to fit in:

Again, these pictures are available to anyone who follows the link to the Laundry stuff sacks are here thread, and checks the images.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @melminimalist,

The correct size Travel Laundry Stuff Sack to fit the lower front pocket of the Synapse 25 is the TLSS for Aeronaut 30. Take a look at the pictures in my post [#39] at the end of the Laundry stuff sacks are here thread.

moriond
    Wow, that really is a perfect fit.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My theory with the laundry stuff sack, was that I would just get the big one, and not fully fill it when using it in smaller spots. I use the A45 in my Synapse 25, but also in other bags, so the larger one is more versatile for me.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to y'all for the help. I ended up ordering an A30 laundry stuff sack in Ultraviolet. I'll post follow up picks after my first use!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB