Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    San Francisco
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyser View Post
    Does the scratchiness of cordura get worn smooth over time.
    In my experience, it does not.

Dyneema, err, Halcyon for anything that doesn't get checked for a flight, Ballistic for things that do.

I'm mixed when I imagine a Cadet in Halcyon (my EDC for laptop, chargers, notes, folders of receipts, and an assortment of dongles and cables). The savings of around half a pound based on a guess from the Pilot specs is tantalizing.

For my travel, weight has become almost as important as volume when I consider what I take and what I pack into. Most European cities require at least trekking down stairs, if not up stairs as well, when using trains and subways. 50 g isn't a lot by itself, but all those 50g reductions quickly add up!

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmmm.... you'll need to edit / update this question after the debut on the 27th Smilie
    Is Parapak coming back?

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Parapak coming back?
    That would so incredible to have a new bag made out of parapack! One can wish..
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    Is Parapak coming back?
    No. But there's a couple of similarities....
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm following this as I am just about to get an Aeronaut in Halcyon. However if something is being announced in a few days I guess I can wait!

I need to be able to check my bag though as one bag travel is rarely a possibility for me.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. But there's a couple of similarities....
    Ooh! I bet I can guess some of the similarities: it's made out of thread. It comes in colors.

Am I close? Smilie

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Ooh! I bet I can guess some of the similarities: it's made out of thread. It comes in colors.

Am I close? Smilie
    Hehe, yes. Accurate on both accounts. Especially the colors...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwimac99 View Post
    I'm following this as I am just about to get an Aeronaut in Halcyon. However if something is being announced in a few days I guess I can wait!

I need to be able to check my bag though as one bag travel is rarely a possibility for me.
    There won't be any updates/anything new on the 27th related to the Aeronauts, FYI. If you're planning on checking your bag, I would recommend choosing ballistic nylon over Halcyon. The range of things that can happen to checked bags is pretty crazy: we've seen photos of bags (not even our own, but semi-hard-sided roller bags) totally mangled as if they were put through a giant bag shredder. At the very least, abrasion is a possibility (imagine your bag being tossed through the air and landing on concrete, or being dragged) and ballistic nylon is more abrasion-resistant than Halcyon.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, yes. Accurate on both accounts. Especially the colors...

There won't be any updates/anything new on the 27th related to the Aeronauts, FYI. If you're planning on checking your bag, I would recommend choosing ballistic nylon over Halcyon. The range of things that can happen to checked bags is pretty crazy: we've seen photos of bags (not even our own, but semi-hard-sided roller bags) totally mangled as if they were put through a giant bag shredder. At the very least, abrasion is a possibility (imagine your bag being tossed through the air and landing on concrete, or being dragged) and ballistic nylon is more abrasion-resistant than Halcyon.
    Hmm. Well, I guess that makes sense, although the weight saving would be welcome.

I notice that the vast majority of A45 colours are out of stock now and '2-12 weeks' is the closest time frame given. I need the bag shipped to New Zealand in time for a departure to SE Asia on 6 August, which is 6 1/2 weeks. How can I find out what colours might be available for order in time to ship?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send an e-mail to emailus@tombihn.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2