Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing urethane coating?

The inside of my DLBP is breaking down (it's my EDC) and I don't like the way it looks. I was wondering if there's a way to just remove the coating. I don't really need the bag to be waterproof, I never wear rain jackets in everyday life and always carry an umbrella. So I would probably just reapply DWR to the outside if I manage to get rid of the urethane. It's possible to pull it off with my fingernails where it has already developed holes... Does anyone have experience with this or any tips?

BC Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you contacted customer service? It doesn't sound right that the coating is breaking down and that there are small holes. The bag should really be holding up better than that.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I did - I talked with CS and it seems to be part of ageing and wear and tear and nothing wrong with the fabric per se. I bought it Christmas 2015, so I had wondered.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Yes, I did - I talked with CS and it seems to be part of ageing and wear and tear and nothing wrong with the fabric per se. I bought it Christmas 2015, so I had wondered.
    That level of wear and tear after 18 months? Yikes. Maybe I will stick to fully lined bags from now on.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair I don't think I said how old the bag was.

I did use it almost everyday, I think a lot of people have several bags they switch. But I'm a bit sad all the same, because I love that backpack!