Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Status of Brain Bag backpack?

I see the status of the Brain Bag backpack at the Bihn web-site is marked as "Not available at the moment. Check back soon!"

Does anyone know when the Brain Bag will be available for order again?
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Forum Member
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, does anyone know if the Camera I/O is either temporarily discontinued and being replaced with something similar, or is it gone for good, or is it coming back in modified form at some point?
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the Camera I/O has been discontinued for good if I remember correctly. Perhaps it was 2014 or 2015 when they stopped producing it? I do know that there have been some discussions about similar types of offerings by not TB that others have used with some success.

As to the Brain Bag itself, I think @Darcy mentioned that it was not currently being discontinued, so that is a plus; however, I don't know of any timeline for it to be available again. while scrounging around on eBay though I see them pop up quite often. I would be disappointed to see the BB go as it was my first bag from TB and has gone around the world with me as a daily carry, but then again since I have one I don't see myself needing to buy another one anytime soon....(unfortunately)
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my BB and use it often as a 3-day weekend suitcase. I would buy one in Halycon for sure.
    --------------------------------

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @DubbySmurf is right about the Camera I/O. It is discontinued - together with the 2 sizes of Quiver to hold tripods.

... and @DubbySmurf - I completely understand your comment on the Brian Bag - my 2004 BB is still going strong and I have no "real" reason to get another one - unfortunately ... The bag is like the Energizer Bunny - it just keeps on going and is a sign of how timeless and durable a backpack it is. That being said, I am sure I could convince myself Smilie

Hope this helps.
    Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Also, does anyone know if the Camera I/O is either temporarily discontinued and being replaced with something similar, or is it gone for good, or is it coming back in modified form at some point?
    @MtnMan,

Darcy announced that the Camera I/O was being retired at the end of March 2016, just before the product debut which introduced products in the second set of limited edition Halcyon (Fjord, Sitka, and Monarch), and also introduced the Sprout backpack. This was also when she announced that the Brain Cells would be retired. I think the existing stock sold out by the start of summer 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Bags To Be Retired

Now, on to some sad but necessary news. Below is the list of bags that we anticipate we will retire in 2016. We have to make way for all of the new stuff in the works, and retiring current designs is the only way to do that.

Camera I-O (what we have now is all we'll ever have; no more batches will be made)
    Tripod - Lighting Kit Quivers (same as above)
    Horizontal Brain Cell (same)
    Vertical Brain Cell (same)
    moriond

ETA: I meant that I think the existing stock of Camera I-O's sold out by the start of Summer 2016. There are still Brain Cells left, but the larger popular sizes like the 15" vertical Brain Cells were sold out by mid-Summer 2016. Then, there was a flurry of other size Brain Cells selling out earlier this year in January and February.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-19-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they are testing it in Halcyon or the new ballistic to make the bag a little lighter.... hoping..... hoping..... Embarrassment
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color EEK! 好的朋友

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBru View Post
    Maybe they are testing it in Halcyon or the new ballistic to make the bag a little lighter.... hoping..... hoping..... Embarrassment
    I'm hoping beyond hope that they have a Halcyon version in Beta somewhere. @Darcy I'll not so subtly beg to be a tester if you need one.
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Forum Member
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to see the most recent version of the Brain Bag in Universal Camouflage, like it used to be.

A shame to hear about the demise of the Brain Cells. That's what happens when you drink too much... Smilie

I see that there is a Camera Insert for the Night Flight Travel Duffel. I wonder if this could work inside a Brain Bag...

Probably not.

Forum Member
    SE Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    I see the status of the Brain Bag backpack at the Bihn web-site is marked as "Not available at the moment. Check back soon!"

Does anyone know when the Brain Bag will be available for order again?
    I asked the same question in an mail a few weeks ago and below is the response I got back.

Typically when a design is "In Production" there is the opportunity to sign up to be notified via email when specific color combinations are back in stock: see the Co-Pilot page as an example. The Brain Bag, however, doesn't offer that option at this time because our next production run of Brain Bags will feature all new color combinations -- and thus there aren't any Brain Bags to photograph in those colors just yet.

Our factory crew is currently busy making various designs, so we estimate the Brain Bag will be back in-stock and ready to ship by late August; photos of the new colors (and the ability to sign up to be notified via email the exact moment they're in-stock) will be up by early August.

So, in the meantime, your best option would be to check the Brain Bag page around late July and early August for that opportunity to sign up to be notified via email.

Hope that helps,

Jorin

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MtnMan there is a listing on eBay for a brain bag with camera I/o and quiver and waist strap. Just thought I'd throw you an FYI!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Yes, I saw that. Quite a package, but I'm not sure I can afford the whole package now. Keeping an eye on it, though.

Thanks for the alert.

If only I could find a setup like that one with a camo BB... One can dream...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping for a Brain Bag in Mars Red. The sooner the better!

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Status of Brain Bag backpack?

@Brummell if you look at the photo of the Brain Bag on the main Backpack page it looks like your wish may be coming true Status of Brain Bag backpack?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ceepee I know, I've wanted a true red Brain Bag for a long time, that little thumbnail gives me hope!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast