Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

York, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halcyon Pouch and Mini Q-Kit

In my search for a red coloured pouch type thingy for a First Aid Kit:-

Do/or have TB made a Clear Organiser Pouch in halcyon, that would be ideal in iberian, but I can't see it as an option on the website.

As an alternative, I thought of a mini Q-kit, even though the available colours don't seem to include a red version.
    Looking on the page, it only seems to be available in the small size and not the mini.
    Is it now only available in the one size?

Confused..

Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the organizer pouches you have to ask for colours but it is never a guarantee. You can do a "if you do not have xx colour could you please substract the pouch from my order?"
    I have Halcyon Clear Organizer Pouches, no Iberian though. But I bet they have been made/are maybe around.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @Jaffa,

The organizer pouches are made of remnants, so, apart from the Clear Organizer Wallets, where the available colors are specified in the drop down menu, you have to request your preferences. Even though the Halcyon option is not listed in the description, you'd order either the Clear Organizer Pouch or a Halcyon Organizer Pouch (all fabric) in Iberian.

If you are willing to consider larger sizes of accessories the 3D Clear Organizer Cube in Iberian is currently in production. I was also going to suggest the new Mars Red Cubelet, but that's now out of stock.

There aren't many red pouch options currently. The Q-Kits were made well after Cardinal Ballistic Nylon was retired in mid-2013, so they were never available in any red color. (There's a picture of the original, larger Kit in Cardinal at the start of that linked Bye, Cardinal thread.)

My suggestion would be to order a Double Red First or Second Aid Pouchkin. They're in stock, have clear windows, and seem to be about the size that you're looking for:

Halcyon Pouch and Mini Q-Kit-first-aid-pouch-double-pouchkin-jpg

Each stitched down section is about 2/3 the length of a Mini Organizer Pouch. You can also send an email query about the availability of Iberian Clear Organizer Pouches of the size you want. The only slight down side of the double Pouchkin is that the attachment hook is light weight and not as robust as the snap hooks on regular organizer pouches because they're meant to hang inside a First Aid Pouch, where they are more protected, and this lets the hooks take up less room.

Alternatively, you could order the Leaf Red Pouchkin, which is about 25% longer than the Double Pouchkin, and comes without snap hooks.

Halcyon Pouch and Mini Q-Kit-first-aid-leaf-pouchkin-jpg

Each divided pouch on the front clear side would be larger, and the back would have a single, long mesh zippered pocket in addition. If you used the red leaf pouchkin as a separate pouch, I would just snap off the plastic bayonet clips at the bottom. They're meant to hook into the elastic bands in the center of the First/Second Aid Pouch, where you can store an Epi Pen or thermometer, but they'd only get caught on your bag contents.

HTH

moriond

ETA: The nice feature about the Leaf Red Pouchkin for first aid kit purposes is that the single, long mesh zippered pocket on the reverse size is a convenient size and shape for holding bandaids.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-31-2017 at 02:42 PM.

York, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Moriond And @Ilkyway

Thanks for your helpful replies, certainly gives me something to consider/think about..
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the mini Q-kit been discontinued? It's not an option anymore on the website...

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmathison View Post
    Has the mini Q-kit been discontinued?
    Greetings,
    Probably not. It's a popular item. The Q-Kits are made from the fabric scraps, so it might not get made as often as other items. If you call customer service, they might be able to tell you when it is expected to be in production again. elisa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    With the organizer pouches you have to ask for colours but it is never a guarantee. You can do a "if you do not have xx colour could you please substract the pouch from my order?"

Ilkyway
    Thanks for this - I'll remember it in the future. I ordered a pencil case and wanted a bright blue. I asked for bright blue and listed a few colors I've seen on the site. I got navy, and it always makes me feel sad.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post
    Thanks for this - I'll remember it in the future. I ordered a pencil case and wanted a bright blue. I asked for bright blue and listed a few colors I've seen on the site. I got navy, and it always makes me feel sad.
    Which case did you order? The Small Q-Kit? I am guessing it is that because for the pen wrap you do choose your colour. The Q-kits are only available in the 1050D ballistic nylon and there simply aren't any bright colours of that fabric. The brightest are Verde and Burnt Orange but I would say those are only going to seem bright to someone who doesn't like bright colours. Verde is an olive colour and burnt orange is a rust colour. The pen wrap comes in 200D halcyon and those are all bright.

Hope this helps! Sorry if I have misunderstood your comment.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cristina the Pencil Case is part of the Organize Pouch line up. I have one in Halcyon so these are available in a varity of materials. But alas no chosing the colour. https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16621006791

Crinoidea so sorry you do not like the navy :/

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Cristina the Pencil Case is part of the Organize Pouch line up. I have one in Halcyon so these are available in a varity of materials. But alas no chosing the colour. https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16621006791

Crinoidea so sorry you do not like the navy :/

Ilkyway
    Thanks @Ilkyway , I always forget about the actual pen/pencil OP!
    I meant the pen wrap / tool wrap here, the one you choose the colours for:
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/too...nt=16409808199