Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Original color not available??

Hi,
    Was thinking about getting the synapse 25 in Halcyon black checkered with the Island insides.
    Now that option doesn't even show up on the drop down box anymore.
    What does that mean, that they are done making it and I can't buy it ever?
    Same for the "original" . It's not in the list anymore.

Thanks,
    Floyd

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fwellers View Post
    Hi,
    Was thinking about getting the synapse 25 in Halcyon black checkered with the Island insides.
    Now that option doesn't even show up on the drop down box anymore.
    What does that mean, that they are done making it and I can't buy it ever?
    Same for the "original" . It's not in the list anymore.

Thanks,
    Floyd
    Happily that doesn't mean it's never going to be made again, sadly it probably does mean it's not on the current production schedule which means you may be waiting more than 12 weeks to see that color combo again. If you email CS they can probably give you more info on future production runs.
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Halcyon (the black and white checked version) was discontinued; what's left is what's left.

I'm not sure there was ever an Original Halcyon/Island Synapse - I think during the original run Island was only available in the Aeronauts and accessories. Someone who's been here longer could probably answer for sure.

The current (all-black) Halcyon/Island may be or of stock now, but will be back next time they complete a production run. Sign up to be notified when it's back in stock.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to the retirement of original black halcyon, here is what Darcy had to say about it recently. See post #15 in this thread: https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...continued.html

"Here's the scoop:

We don't have plans to re-order Original Halcyon 400d fabric. That means that it's technically retired.

That said, we made a large final order of Original Halcyon 400d and it's likely to be available through the end of this year. So, it will eventually be gone, but not anytime really soon.

As for the Aeronaut 30 in Original Halcyon: because there's so many color combination options in our wide and wonderful palette, we can't offer all color combinations in a single production run. If the Aeronaut 30 isn't available in Original Halcyon right now, it probably will be sometime in the next six months."

So don't give up hope since it's possible that by the end of the year or until TB runs out of the white grid fabric, they might make a last run of the S25 with an Island interior. I have an A30 in that combination and love it.

As for black halcyon (grey grid)/Island combo in the S25, you may want to email or call TB to find out when it will be available again. You might be able to find out if the original halcyon/Island will also go into production so you can decide between the two types of halcyon.

Hope this helps. Good luck finding your bag.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the thoughtful replies. I guess I'll try and find out from TB CS what their plans are.
    The inner fabric is not as important to me, but I really would love to have either the black or gray checked outside.

I am kicking myself for not getting it the other day when it still showed up.

Based on what I'm hearing though it would be maybe at least 6 months wait.
    I say that because the colors that are still showing up on the list but say they won't be available for between 2 and 12 weeks.
    And the colors I want don't even show up in the list anymore, so that would probably mean they won't be available until at least the following run. (another 2 to 12 weeks)
    Thanks,
    Floyd

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @fwellers,

Welcome to the forums.

The Synapse 25 in Black Halcyon/Island is currently showing up as "in production". I would use the product page option to sign up for email notification when that production batch is ready. It looks to me as though the last time this color combination of Black Halcyon/Island was made for the Synapse 25 was May 17. (Note, that is not the last time that any model of the Synapse 25 was made -- just that particular color combination)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post
    05/17/2017 New Bags and Color Ready to Order
    Ozymandias Edition

Synapse 25, Black/Island
    Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky
    My guess (but this only a guess) is that they will likely make the Synapse 25 in the Original Halcyon/Island combination later this year, since, as @pammy quoted Darcy's remarks, they made a large final order of original Halcyon. But (again my personal guess), this color combination will not be appearing in the most current upcoming production batches, especially because this will be the first production batch to offer Synapses in the new 525d/210d Ballistic Nylon materials and colors described in the Blog article on the Summer Debut. According to that article's estimate, the next batch of Synapse 25's will arrive about mid-August, but you can contact customer support as @pammy suggested to find out whether there's a more updated estimate.

If you want the lightest weight option for your Synapse 25, then you are still likely to prefer Halcyon (e.g., Black Halcyon/Island). If you are interested in the new 525d Ballistic Nylon color options, you can either try to order accessories like the Cubelets in colors of interest, or ask for color swatches. A good place to check for color comparisons of the new 525d and 210d Ballistic Nylon colors @Ilkyway's Shop Bags in knew colours and materials thread.

If you think you might like the Black (grey grid) Halcyon/Island Synapse 25, you can order it from the mid-August production batch currently in production. You have a 60-day period to return that Synapse, which is particularly easy if you are ordering from the U.S. (basically, you can get an automatically generated UPS mailing label to return your item; when it is received and certified in good condition -- you haven't removed the tags or actually used the bags outside of test purposes, so it's still salable -- they just deduct $10 to cover postage from your reimbursed amount). If the Original Halcyon/Island Synapse 25 combination appears in production during that period, and you really think you'd like that better after trying the new Black Halcyon/Island S25, you can order that instead.

HTH

moriond

ETA: If by "Black or Grey checked" on the outside you mean "Original (Black) Halcyon" or "Steel Halcyon" (both with a white grid), then Steel has not been available for a while, but options of Original Halcyon (with other colors -- not Island) were more plentiful. I would contact Customer Support to find out whether there might have been a return. (If you were set on "Island" I would have said this is unlikely). If you are happy with the new Black (grey grid) Halcyon, it will be available in mid-August (see my reference link to the blog article).

ETA2: Between June 13-15, 2017 they made the following models of the Synapse 25 in Halcyon:
    Synapse 25, Original 400 Halcyon/Ultraviolet 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25, Original 400 Halcyon/Iberian 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25, Black 400 Halcyon/Wasabi 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25, Black 400 Halcyon/Ultraviolet 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25, Original 400 Halcyon/Wasabi 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25, Nordic 400 Halcyon/Wasabi 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25, Black 400 Halcyon/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25, Black 400 Halcyon/Iberian 200 Halcyon

This means you have a fair chance that someone might have returned or will return one of the Original Halcyon models -- especially if you don't insist on a particular color for the interior. This is where you have to contact Customer Support to find out whether that may be the case. Because of the lengthy (60-day) return period and the ease of the return process (for U.S. customers), a number of them will simply order more than one size or color/fabric combination and then return the one(s) they decide not to keep. For this reason, it's possible to find a model of a bag even after it has sold out on the site. However, there is no way to get an alert that one bag has been put back into the inventory -- you'd have to keep checking the product page. The email notification process won't cover single bag returns, because sending an email notification of 1 bag coming back when you have a dozen people on a signup request would only lead to frustration.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-29-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for that informative post Moriond.
    A lot to assimilate there.
    I see they have the black checked outer that I like but with ultraviolet insides. Not for me.
    I'll find a number and call Customer Support. I'll be happy with the black or gray checkered in most colors for interior except not red or violet. ��

Thanks again!!
    Floyd