Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suitcase?

Alabama
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allanorn View Post
    +1 on finding something at TJMaxx/Marshalls/Costco. I bought a cheap (Sharper Image) 26" roller for a trip to Banff/Lake Louise because I had to carry some equipment that was not going to fit in the A45 (think winter jackets and camera tripods). I wouldn't recommend the Sharper Image roller - it's flimsy plastic - but at the price it worked fine for my needs; when not in use it doubles as my bag storage. Smilie
    Mine is also used as storage when not in use, stores my camping stuff and shoebox of sentimental crap. Actually everything I own fits in an s25 and the Samsonite roller except my sleeping bag. I think the roller is like 24 inches high? It's a nice way to store long term things not used very often. There it is next to my size 5 flip-flops.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazon currently has a bunch of sizes of the travelpro maxlite lines for $100 or less. I have a maxlite 4 rolling tote and it seems sturdy, esp for the price. been recently scouting wheeled suitcases, myself, with a trip coming up that'll require more/bulkier gear than I usually bring.
    Last edited by capncat; 08-02-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got tired of the airlines destroying my less expensive rolling bags. I splurged on Briggs & Riley and they have lasted with no dents or rips or scuff marks. You get what you pay for, but yeah, they are expensive.

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a roller on sale at LL Bean for something like $130 six years ago. It's taken a ton of abuse (I fill it to the max and then check it) and is still going strong.

Connecticut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can find them on sale, the REI Wheely Beast 22" duffel is a solid carry on bag. DW and I both have one and they have been very durable.
    --------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2