Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sherpa Adventure Gear Stuff Sack

Before I place an order, does anyone have advice for stuffing a large sweater in a stuff sack? I have this sweater http://https://www.sherpaadventurege...rtipur-sweater and was wondering if it would fit in either a size 4 stuff sack or maybe even the sleeping bag stuffed sack? It is a size XL.
    Steel/Solar A45/French Blue BB/Navy Snake Charmer/Coyote DLBC/ Iberian TT

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't quite the same thing but I can fit a Patagonia Retro-X jacket, size L, in a size 4 stuff sack. The trick is to fold the hood (if there is one) and the sleeves in across the body, fold the sweater in half, and then roll it up. Stuff it into the sack while pushing the air out. The sleeping bag stuff sack is really big so you probably wouldn't end up getting any actual compression on the garment if you used it. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badger, is that jacket similar to a Patagonia Synchilla pullover? I have one of those as well, and that is much more compressible than my Sherpa is. I might give the size 4 a try anyway though because I can always find another use for it....

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the Retro-X is not the same. It's got three layers: a layer of windproof material laminated to the outer fleece, plus a layer of poly on the inside. (The Synchilla Snap-T is one layer.) It has an external nylon chest pocket and nylon reinforcements in the collar. It's also got a way thicker pile and is about 10 oz. heavier. If it helps you visualize at all, if I don't compress it and just fold it up, it takes up about half of one main compartment in the Brain Bag.

If you think you could find other uses for the #4, it couldn't hurt to try.

(Also: I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me until now, but if you got the sleeping bag stuff sack you could pack more than just the sweater into it. Sherpa Adventure Gear Stuff Sack)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok. Thanks for that info! I ended up purchasing the size 4 and will see how it fits.