Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you carry a big smartphone in a Luminary?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. In its Otterbox case it is 6" long and 2.75" wide. That's too big for the Luminary side pockets. I could dump the phone into the main compartment, but I want it to be easily accessible. How can I get there?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hung my sunglasses off the webbing strap that's sewed down to the backpack strap. This is the strap for sternum strap.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums, @Pjem,

I think one way people have made phone access easier from the main compartment of the Luminary is to use a Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip I that compartment, as @maverick showed in his video setup of his Luminary. Then a large phone can sit in one of the large pockets of the Cafe Bag Freudian Slip near the top opening, and the Cafe Bag Freudian Slip can also be used to hold pens and other items.

Another solution seems to be to use the back pocket of the Luminary with an organizer pouch that holds the phone. You may get more explicit recommendations, but I know at least one forum member puts her phone in the back compartment with a Lihit labs organizer.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-14-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjem View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. In its Otterbox case it is 6" long and 2.75" wide. That's too big for the Luminary side pockets. I could dump the phone into the main compartment, but I want it to be easily accessible. How can I get there?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share.
    The place that makes the most sense to me is in the back pocket you get to from the side. I can't see putting it in a pouch though because that would be an extra zipper to get to it. I guess I haven't gotten behind a FS because it seems like needless extra weight but in this case it would probably make sense too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the back side pocket, nothing extra to buy and it works well for easy access, even if you have an ipad in there too!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received the Luminary and I have the same phone... Debating on returning for this very reason