Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Issaquah, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a burnt orange/NW sky MB and a verde/ultraviolet SK, plus 2 Cubelets (yes, 2) with a 5/8 strap and a couple of extra key straps. Thank you, everyone, for helping me making the decision. I'll be sure to post photos of the final product once I get it (assuming it all works out).

(And I only live 20-25 minutes from the factory store in the Seattle burbs, but planning a trip into the city with my kids in tow is always a large undertaking. Thus, I had it shipped.)

Forum Member
    Issaquah, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received the bags last Wednesday. Here are some photos. I absolutely LOVE the Side Kick. I think it's my favorite purse ever. The pockets are all wonderful, and nothing gets lost. I have a Cubelet clipped to the inside to hold first aid items and my migraine medication (which comes in blister packs, and ALWAYS got lost in my old purse, either by being buried or dropped somewhere). The jury is still out on the Maker's Bag. It's gorgeous, and I love the burnt orange. It does fit my SK very well when I need to carry a few more things, and I've used it to haul items from my computer upstairs to the office downstairs for my online discussions (part of my MA program). These functions are nice. Yet it's a big bag that quickly gets heavy, and I find myself wanting to minimize and just bring my SK as much as possible. Not a bad thing. I'm just not as overwhelmed with love for the MB as I am for the SK. Smilie I find myself wishing I could grab it like a tote, which is a feature I didn't realize I wanted (not its fault). It's a very nice messenger bag. The quality of the TB bags is unsurpassed, I feel, and I'm already thinking about my next order.

Side Kick in a Maker's Bag to Make a Painless Big-Bag/Small-Bag Switch?-sidekick-png
    Side Kick in a Maker's Bag to Make a Painless Big-Bag/Small-Bag Switch?-bagsin-png
    Side Kick in a Maker's Bag to Make a Painless Big-Bag/Small-Bag Switch?-bagsout-png
    Side Kick in a Maker's Bag to Make a Painless Big-Bag/Small-Bag Switch?-makersside-png
    Side Kick in a Maker's Bag to Make a Painless Big-Bag/Small-Bag Switch?-makerspacked-png
    Last edited by illyrianmoon; 09-14-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great and so organized! What is that cool thermos/bottle you have in there??

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bchaplin
    I am very interested in your comments in transitioning from the Pilot to the MB.

Do you prefer the MB to the Pilot?
    I can't deceide which bag to buy - I want the flexibility of a bag that can fit a laptop for work but is also useful as a casual bag at weekends when out walking or when travelling and for sightseeing. I have a Swift, which is Ok but doesn't quite work for me.

I would really appreciate yours or anybody else's views having used both bags.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by London Eye View Post
    I want the flexibility of a bag that can fit a laptop for work but is also useful as a casual bag at weekends when out walking or when traveling and for sightseeing.
    I would really appreciate yours or anybody else's views having used both bags.
    I have both the Pilot and the MB in ballistic Navy and then I was able to acquire a second Pilot in original Nordic/Solar Halcyon which I currently use as my EDC for work (it usually holds a Side Effect, some papers, sunglasses, water bottle and lunch in a Travel Tray). I just stuff things in and don't even bother with the zippers since it's going from home to car to office and my office is super casual.
    To me, the Pilot looks more briefcase-like so it doesn't look like a casual weekend bag (same for the Co-Pilot which is also a little too luggage/briefcase like for around the town carrying). Messenger bags with a flap seem more casual. The MB has some nice interior organizational features unless you specifically want separate designated compartments like the Pilot offers. Just my two cents, of course.

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the MB, Pilot, and Swift...I agree that it’s easy for the MB to get heavy. I find that using a mini sos op tech strap works well for me. Occasionally I will resort to an Absolute Strap, but that changes the overall profile of the bag. I have also found that I need to pack strategically when I pack the pockets in order to control droop in my halcyon bag. When I purchased the bag, I was hoping for an everyday carry. For me, the MB is better suited for more specialized uses.

I mostly use the pilot for travel as my personal item.

Currently, my EDC shifts between a Swift and a S19. In each case, my core PLO is either a SE or a SK. :-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2