Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Color Choice for S25

I'm in a professional work environment and leaning heavily at the Synapse 25, and really like the look of the French Blue (Cordura), but wonder about its color if its too casual and whether it could work in a business setting? Hard to tell online b/c the TB website looks rather bright but other pics I've seen it appears very subtle which I really like. Any French blue owners care to help me out? Thanks!

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, for me, black halcyon works best in a professional environment - I tried the Nordic Halcyon, but just ordered a black halcyon

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my eye, French Blue is not as bright as on the website. Itís not gaudy, IMHO, but itís not a subtle colour either. It depends on your work environment, but I think you might be better off with black or navy.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how you define professional, but I find black halcyon and black ballistic to both look very nice and still blend in and not be "too loud".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I agree can't go wrong with a Black color bag and that's what I normally have, just thought about switching it up some but without seeing it in person, I might just stick with Black 525 ballistic which is in stock currently. Thanks for the responses.

Forum Member
    New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure what field you work in or how conservative the environment is but, IMO, no backpack is acceptable in a purely business setting. There are exceptions, of course, such tech or film work, for example.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've worked banking most of my life (last 4 years I've been a stay at home parent).
    I think backpack can be acceptable on the way into the office or out of the office, but not for carrying around AT the office.
    Maybe because I usually took public transportation to work, and a backpack just made more sense than anything else. Once it's at work and under my desk or in a large drawer, nobody was the wiser.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do the rest of your co-irkers carry? You should probably either take your cue from them, or be a rebel and have them lust after your choice.

In the past I had a red leather briefcase that looked 100% more professional than the black backpacks my co-irkers carried. I've also carried a TB shop bag as my briefcase to work, because nobody cares in my office. There's business casual, and then there's wash the car casual, and my office leans towards cutoffs and flip flops. In my previous job I dressed to the nines, but carried a Lands' End briefcase.

There are some fancy nylon briefcases out there, but TB leans towards the more casual side of business.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 09-26-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scarr2k View Post
    I'm in a professional work environment and leaning heavily at the Synapse 25, and really like the look of the French Blue (Cordura), but wonder about its color if its too casual and whether it could work in a business setting?
    It all depends on how casual your profession is, as well as the demeanor you are attempting to display. I wouldn't use any nylon bag (let alone a backpack) in a conservative law office. Yes, it would be 'acceptable,' but its likely to clash with the message that the senior partners are pushing. Similarly, it could be 'acceptable'in a courtroom, but if every other lawyer has a leather briefcase, you'll stick out. Unless that's your intended goal.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    French blue in real life

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB