1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use the EC packing folder often. I find the medium size (12"x 18") works well for me. I usually pack it with (3-4) dress shirts and slacks.

I am wondering - is there any chance the Synapse 25 would hold a medium sized packing folder?.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that it does not fit into the A30.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have a medium EC packing folder but I do have a similarly sized Size 1 Brain Cell that I usually put into my S25. The Size 1 Brain Cell has dimensions:
    17.6 × 11.2 × 2.3 inches

Here is a picture if it in an S25:

You can see where the corners of the BC poke a bit out the top part of the bag (just behind the zipper) and how high up it is.

Based on this, I would say that it would be a tight fit and probably poke a bit out the top side area. However, if you are ok with 2 corner slightly pushed in (possibly), it should fit. Also, if I recall, when carrying, the BC did sink down a bit more - ie, more room. Note that a Halycon version will stretch a bit more.

Hopefully someone else will have the exact EC medium folder to test.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 1/2" to an 1" makes a huge difference in whether the packing folder will fit. Unlike a packing cube, which will squish if necessary, the packing folders are based on a hard plastic base to keep their shape. And the packing folders are very rectangular and the S25 is very egg shaped.

I'm toying with ordering a Brain Bag because it looks like the Medium packing folder should fit where the computers would go. Nice and rectangular packing area.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The medium (I believe) packing folder definitely fits in the Brain Bag. It’s what I use most of the time and even stuffed, the BB has plenty of room. I can try to take some photos tomorrow.
    Steel/[COLOR="#FFFF00"]Solar French Blue BB/Navy Snake Charmer/Coyote DLBC/ Iberian TT

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s a photo of my Brain Bag holding an Eagle Creek medium packing folder with 3 thick flannels, 2 polos, a pair of heavyweight jeans, and Bluff Works pants. I’m an XL guy, but there was still room in the folder.

That folder fit in the rear compartment with my 12.9 Pro in a cache. Easy fit. In the front compartment I have two bottles of Glühwein and a PCSB with a pair of clothes, toiletries, and meds. That compartment is probably half full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Steel/[COLOR="#FFFF00"]Solar French Blue BB/Navy Snake Charmer/Coyote DLBC/ Iberian TT

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best accessory for 1 change of clothes (male)

Here are some pictures that may help answer @bdetamore’s question:

This is a moderately packed EC medium Spector folder measured at 17.0”x11.75” (it’s listed as 18x12 but the measurement of the hard folding board is smaller on mine, may be an older model).

Here is the medium folder in a Nordic Halcyon S25:

You can see that the top corners are a little tight but not so much that it stretches the zipper or bag when closed. Also this moderately full medium folder uses half the depth of the otherwise empty S25.
    Last edited by nimikor; 11-23-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photos!!! Thank you.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2