Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bose QC-25/35 and co-pilot

Anyone know if the bose case fits in the front pocket of the co-pilot?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alio View Post
    Anyone know if the bose case fits in the front pocket of the co-pilot?
    The QC-35s don't , not sure about the 25s. Both fit in the pilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I searched the forum before posting but didnít see those threads.

Iím interested in one-bag traveling with an aeronaut 45 and a side effect for inflight use but the nose headphones pose a challenge.

Anyone have ideas for a simple inflight bag that fits the bose case?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I searched the forum before posting but didnít see those threads.

Iím interested in one-bag traveling with an aeronaut 45 and a side effect for inflight use but the nose headphones pose a challenge.

I have never ever found anything using the forum search so I usually google what I am looking for then add site:forums.tombihn.com to the end and that works much better.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious about this as well.
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Curious about this as well.
    I use a black halcyon PCSB with carabiners on the side which clips on to the seatback, fits in an S25, and can piggyback on the outside of another bag like the pilot. They fit my full size Bowers & Wilkins P7w as well as my ditty kit, cords, tablet in a cache, wipes, etc. Here are some pics:

Bulkhead:

Normal:

Last edited by GrussGott; 10-11-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option for an inflight bag that can carry the Bose QC-35, from a recent review, is the Daylight Briefcase. See My latest bag review: Daylight Briefcase, which points to this review page by Fatih Arslan.

I'll excerpt a picture:

On the left side is the QC35 in its original case, to the right is a 3D Clear Organizer Cube (but you could substitute your Side Effect), and a Travel Stuff Sack holding chargers for the 13" MacBook in a Cache.

If you want to see a comparison between the Daylight Briefcase and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (shown in @GrussGott's post), take a look at @bb93fo57's comparison pictures from his post #79 in the middle of The Little Briefcase that Can Fit Almost Anywhere: early Daylight Briefcase review thread. Excerpted images below:

One of the main differences is that the height of the Daylight Briefcase can accommodate letter or A4 size paper. The height of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag just barely accommodates the original iPad. You'd have to put the long dimension of the Bose Headphone case along the long dimension of the PCSB to fit it in, since it would stick up outside of the zippered opening in the other orientation. So, it's a question of what else you want to carry. If you also wanted to carry a Side Effect, the DLBC would take both that and the Bose case side by side.

Another possible option (just judging from the dimensions listed for the QC35 or QC25 case) is to use a Side Kick, which would fit either case. Maybe forum members who own the Side Kick and these headphones can comment. (I don't think that the Co-Pilot front pockets have enough room to fit the headphones, since they need to leave room for a water bottle, but the main back compartment of the Co-Pilot might handle them.)

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 10-11-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps, the case for my QC25s is almost exactly the same size as a Side Effect (so close that you can fit the case in, but would struggle to fit anything else in or to zip it closed).

Looking to see which bags would fit a SE might help your quest - good luck.

ETA - If you're willing to consider taking your headphones without their case, there's a thread here which has some pictures showing what else they would fit in.
    Last edited by katt94; 10-12-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Adding more information