Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hero's Journey for travel - Does it hold Macbook Pro 13 inches?

Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a Hero's Journey for a 6 month trip around SE Asia and beyond. I will be working digitally, so I need my Macbook Pro(13 inch) and possibly my iPad. I am wondering if anyone is traveling with this backpack and has a laptop as well? How do you go about carrying it?

Thanks!

Forum Member
    Shanghai
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have same questions regarding the size of the top bag. Is it big enough to hold a 13-inch laptop and a 10.5-inch iPad Pro? It will be very nice to have a top bag where all electronics are stored. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member
    Shanghai
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdan View Post
    Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a Hero's Journey for a 6 month trip around SE Asia and beyond. I will be working digitally, so I need my Macbook Pro(13 inch) and possibly my iPad. I am wondering if anyone is traveling with this backpack and has a laptop as well? How do you go about carrying it?

Thanks!
    Hi chowdan,

I found this thread
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...ro%27s+journey
    in the forum. It may help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks!

Any chance that the Hero´s Journey will be produced again?

I hibernated for I bit too long and missed it! Frown
    So much to catch up!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Hi Folks!

Any chance that the Hero´s Journey will be produced again?

I hibernated for I bit too long and missed it! Frown
    Your best bet is to go to the Hero's Journey page, which says "Sold out. The Hero's Journey has been retired due to our limited production capacity. It’s possible we might make it again if enough folks want us to— that definitely won’t happen anytime soon because we’re busy making other bags. If you’re interested in being notified *if* we make the Hero's Journey again, sign up here."

If enough people sign up for this, who knows, maybe they will make it again!

https://www.tombihn.com/products/her...nt=31516463367

Forum Member
    Costa Rica
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope TB makes the HJ again. I bought one in January but didn't get to try it until April. I hate buying products and having them discontinued soon after. I feel sort of orphaned.

If you can get one, it's totally worth it for travel. I've used mine now on two long international trips with lots of in-country travel in cars, trains, planes and buses. It rides well on the hips and shoulders even with 30+ pound loads. The unzipped top compartment makes an excellent under-the-seat bag for long-haul flights, roomier in my opinion than my ballistic Pilot, but with a bit less organization. Recently in India I carried the top compartment on my shoulder and the main bag as a backpack and did not have to check luggage on three out of four domestic flights with stricter EU-like cabin baggage restrictions. When I had to check it for one flight, it took about two minutes at the counter to remove the hip belt, stow the shoulder straps, and otherwise get it ready.

A note of caution: the top compartment does not fit my work laptop, a Dell Latitude E7450, in an early Cache model that just fits it. It can barely fit without the Cache, but I wouldn't want to risk it getting banged up because the compartment has no cushioning. This is a minor inconvenience because I just pack the laptop in the Cache towards the front opening of the main bag and pull it out at airport security checks. Takes an extra minute, and with TSA pre I avoid having to do this completely. I carry a packable backpack (sorry, not the DLBP) that fits the laptop for hauling it to meetings.

The HJ has replaced my A45 as my go-to bag for long journeys. I've yet to use it for hiking or hut hopping, but I am looking for an opportunity.