Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essential as in "BUY ALL THE BAGS!"

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    At this point, I'd pay $50 just to see pictures of abandoned prototypes of one.
    I got a good chuckle out of this. You and me both!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly, a zip-top shop bag! What could be more essential than that? ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We plan to announce the new designs on November 20th. They'll be available for order / will ship (same day, so long as they remain in-stock, if ordered before 12:30pm PT) on November 27th at 8:00am PT. I've been using the new designs for several weeks now and I already deem them essential. I hope you guys find them as useful as I do!
    Yes, feel free to post pictures Wink heeeee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An excerpt from a quote by Tom that's in the description for one of the new items...

"Somewhat of a Catch-22. But sitting at my sewing machine with some scrap fabric and scissors, and finally a bit of time on my hands, I was able to create what I think is a successful compromise."
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-17-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New release 27 November 2017

"Somewhat of a Catch-22...
    Oh I totally hope that a 22-L hint there! Catch 22 would be a fantastic bag name.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An excerpt from a quote by Tom that's in the description for one of the new items...

"Somewhat of a Catch-22. But sitting at my sewing machine with some scrap fabric and scissors, and finally a bit of time on my hands, I was able to create what I think is successful compromise."
    A 22l catch all bag? Back pack and shoulder mode? Is this... the bag that was promised?

Or is it just a 22l travel tray you can pop a broom stick onto, slide over your shoulder and ride the rails like a 1930's hobo??

I would be happy with either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edward.dennihy View Post
    A 22l catch all bag? Back pack and shoulder mode? Is this... the bag that was promised?

Or is it just a 22l travel tray you can pop a broom stick onto, slide over your shoulder and ride the rails like a 1930's hobo??

I would be happy with either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    When we were kids we would tie handkerchiefs onto sticks in this way and I was always more concerned with packing the handkerchief than whatever adventure I might have once packed. How times have not changed!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Somewhat of a Catch-22. But sitting at my sewing machine with some scrap fabric and scissors, and finally a bit of time on my hands, I was able to create what I think is successful compromise."
    Could it be a Synapse 22? That would be so perfect!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Synapse 22 would be awesome.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catch-22? 22L zip top shop bag? That would be perfect. I'd buy every color.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts are that Darcy is just being a tease, and the 'Catch-22' phrase is purposely misleading. As much as I'd love a 22L Pilot, I don't want to get my hopes up.

More likely than not, the phrases "Catch-22" and "compromise" lead me to believe it'll be something else. Perhaps a thinner version of caches that compromises on the TB level of protection in order to take up less space in a bag to make one-bagging easier? That's a Catch-22 I've found myself in, and tend to end up taking my Amazon Basics sleeve instead of my Cache when one-bagging in the Pilot. Because the Cache makes it a little harder to squeeze the packing cube in the back at the same time. The Basics doesn't provide the same level of protection, but it fits better.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts are that Darcy is just being a tease, and the 'Catch-22' phrase is purposely misleading
    I agree. Also in that sentence, there is a reference to "scraps". A 22 liter bag would require more than scraps. I'm assuming its some small accessory, and the "compromise" is between being able to carry what you need to in it, and keeping it a small profile.
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A convertible backpack handbag? In my world, that is the ultimate compromise.

Northeast US
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else prepared to belt out "One Day More" from Les Mis at top volume on November 19?

No? Just me then?

*curls up in the corner*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast