Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New release 27 November 2017

Is this a new announcement? I just saw this and didn't know one was upcoming. Any ideas yet what it is?

(Perhaps I have been under a rock and missed all the hoopla so far about this...)

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed it when I got the email last Monday about the Travel Cubelet. But for the last couple of years I've been here, there's been one on Cyber Monday, so I was sort of expecting that anyhow.

No ideas on the content of that debut, no hints have been dropped (that I'm aware of, and I'm kinda obsessive about checking this site often).
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hum. I noticed that the shop bags are almost sold out. Does this mean we're finally getting a zip top shop bag at the debut?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At some point they mentioned a Luminary for tall people...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20l western flyer. Please.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edward.dennihy View Post
    20l western flyer. Please.
    At this point, I'd pay $50 just to see pictures of abandoned prototypes of one.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Hum. I noticed that the shop bags are almost sold out. Does this mean we're finally getting a zip top shop bag at the debut?
    I wondered that too as if you search for dawn (as I have done), the shopping bag page pops up but none are listed available or in production. I would love shopping bags in viridian, mars red and dawn, but actually like the design don't want a zip. Still if it is TB, it will be well designed.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    At some point they mentioned a Luminary for tall people...
    Yesterday I asked Kat about a bigger Luminary. She said it's coming next year.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    I wondered that too as if you search for dawn (as I have done), the shopping bag page pops up but none are listed available or in production. I would love shopping bags in viridian, mars red and dawn, but actually like the design don't want a zip. Still if it is TB, it will be well designed.
    It seems that if you search for a colour it brings up any bags that have previously been made in that colour. For example, searching for Mars Red will bring up the S19 which was available previously but not currently.
    If the shop bag was previously made in Dawn (I canít remember it it was) then thatís likely why itís coming up in the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the shop bag did come in Dawn. I know because I ordered one.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    @BWeaves' comment only applies to the Shop Bags that were made in 210d Ballistic Nylon colors (of which Grass is still available). The 200d Halcyon Shop Bags continue to remain available

Shop bags were made in 210d Ballistic Nylon color options: Black, Viridian, Canyon, Grass, and Dawn. They were not made in the heavier 525d Ballistic Nylon (so no Mars Red). The earliest posted picture examples of such 210d Ballistic Nylon shop bags purchased from the web site that I can remember seeing in the forums were @pammy's pictures of Canyon and Dawn Shop bags (post #1915 dated 8-11-2017 in the Your Photos are Needed thread)

HTH

moriond

ETA: I checked my order history, and I ordered Shop Bags in Viridian and Dawn on July 18, 2017, which is the same day that I ordered a Mars Red/Dawn Medium Cafe Bag from the web site product pages.

ETA2:
    Is this a new announcement? I just saw this and didn't know one was upcoming. Any ideas yet what it is?

(Perhaps I have been under a rock and missed all the hoopla so far about this...)
    @Kirri, The sequence of events, as I recall, started with a query by @louisvilledanahys on 10-08-2017, in a thread titled "New product cycle":

Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledanahys View Post
    I am new to the forums. Is the a general cycle for new products?

Is there an annual window where new products are introduced/released? Just curious as i I wait for the color combo of the S19to be released.
    @MikeV replied on 10-16-2017:
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
    Great question, louisvilledanahys.

We took this as an opportunity to update our FAQ with official answers on this topic:
    https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq18
    https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq52
    https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq53

Hope this helps you and other folks, too.

And if you haven't seen it, we've just updated our blog and one of the new features is a News Brief section. This will be a reliable source of information and news (like adding some new FAQs) going forward. Here's the bit about the FAQs: https://blog.tombihn.com/new-faqs-debuts
    So the information of an upcoming product debut in November/late this year is not new -- Darcy mentioned this in answering questions about the Summer 2017 debut (with the Luminary, new materials, cubelets, etc.), but an explicit date is new information. And the blog feature of showing short News items (like this addition to the FAQ), is a relatively new feature.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-01-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added information on November Debut date

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it been shared whether there will be advance notice of what's debuting in the November debut? (i.e. - will 8am on November 27th be the announcement of the debut, the on-sale time, or both?) I will be on a plane at that time and would like to plan accordingly Smilie )

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    Has it been shared whether there will be advance notice of what's debuting in the November debut? (i.e. - will 8am on November 27th be the announcement of the debut, the on-sale time, or both?) I will be on a plane at that time and would like to plan accordingly Smilie )
    We plan to announce the new designs on November 20th. They'll be available for order / will ship (same day, so long as they remain in-stock, if ordered before 12:30pm PT) on November 27th at 8:00am PT. I've been using the new designs for several weeks now and I already deem them essential. I hope you guys find them as useful as I do!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We plan to announce the new designs on November 20th. They'll be available for order / will ship (same day, so long as they remain in-stock, if ordered before 12:30pm PT) on November 27th at 8:00am PT. I've been using the new designs for several weeks now and I already deem them essential. I hope you guys find them as useful as I do!
    Which part of the new items are essential? Please be as specific as possible New release 27 November 2017New release 27 November 2017

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New designS!

Essential if used together or alone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast