Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Western Flyer updated to accommodate Cache?

I may be remembering wrong, but I think the Western Flyer used to officially accommodate a Brain Cell, but not a Cache. Now, however, the product description says, "it's an ideal place to secure our Cache laptop sleeve." If there was an announcement, I missed it. Was the WF updated? Can I slide the Cache out using the Rails system same as with the other bags?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the older WFs (like mine) have BC connectors, but you can see from the pictures on the product page that nowadays it has the Rails system.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @loma,

This change to the Western Flyer design (addition of cache loops and locking zippers) was introduced just this summer, and appeared as one of the first news brief features in the Blog:
    Western Flyer Design Update

Our Western Flyer travel bag now has a lockable main compartment zipper; also now accepts our Cache laptop sleeve.

BY TB CREW | AUGUST 9, 2017
    It may have actually gone into effect at the end of July, since I saw a test mockup of the new blog design with that entry dated for the end of July. However, the updated text on the product page, and in particular, pictures showing the new arrangement, did not get added until sometime later:

Was Western Flyer updated to accommodate Cache?-tb0952_detail7_1024x1024-jpg

You can now subscribe to the short news updates, or view them separately on the Blog.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 11-06-2017 at 12:08 PM.