Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brain Bag Cordura v 525 Ballistic

I'm seriously looking at getting a BB to supplement my SA and A45. I'm not opposed to used but I really prefer the lightest & most flexible option I can get, My question is for those of you who have handled/owned both the Cordura version and the Ballistic version.

Are they noticeably different in weight, feel, flexibility?

Do you have a preference in one over the other?

Ideally, TB would release a Halcyon version as all my other bags are Halcyon and it is my preferred fabric but, alas, I don't believe that will be forthcoming (or will it @Darcy ?????)

I'd love to hear the thoughts of the TB hive mind.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought I would like a halcyon version of the BB, but after getting hold of the Ballistic version I changed my mind. I now think a Halcyon version would be too floppy, especially in the middle panel of fabric if you wish to use the rail loops for a Cache.

I canít say I notice any great difference in weight or flexibility between the Ballistic and Cordura. However I much prefer the smooth feel of the Ballistic. It also has the added bonus of not picking up every bit of fluff within a 5 mile radius

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I always thought I would like a halcyon version of the BB, but after getting hold of the Ballistic version I changed my mind. I now think a Halcyon version would be too floppy, especially in the middle panel of fabric if you wish to use the rail loops for a Cache.

I canít say I notice any great difference in weight or flexibility between the Ballistic and Cordura. However I much prefer the smooth feel of the Ballistic. It also has the added bonus of not picking up every bit of fluff within a 5 mile radius

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am in bigggg trouble.

Because the S25 doesn't fit and there is no more SA, I though I was home free from a bigger than the S19 backpack, but...
    The vision of an Alphaviolet Brain Bag might be, just a little bit, too much to resist.

The EDC Ballistic is a dream come true, it is gorgeous, smooth and strong as the finest silk, yet animal friendly and not a hair magnet.

Ceepee could you share pictures, if it is all at possible?

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brain Bag Cordura v 525 Ballistic

@backpack I posted a few photos to the Your Photos Are Needed Thread a few weeks ago. Hereís the link:

https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post148415

If you would like a photo of something specific on the B.B., give me a shout and Iíll see what I can do.

ETA: I canít seem to post a link that works from both Tapatalk and a web browser ...... if the one above just takes you to the first post, try this one:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ceepee; 11-08-2017 at 05:08 AM.

Forum Member Alice in Wanderlust's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Cordura brain bag. While it is too big for everyday use for me, I have found that the darker interior color bothers me. I much prefer the lighter interior colors, like I have on my other bags. So that might be a consideration for you.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)